Chiropractic for Kids is No Fairy Tale
By Sara Butler
Kids love fairy tales. Specifically, tales involving lots of candy and pretty dresses -- or maybe that’s just my kids. As parents, we try to foster our children’s sense of wonder for as long as possible because, well, life is no fairy tale. Although we can’t shelter them from everything, there is something we can do to help ease them into the hard reality of the world: introduce them to chiropractic care.
Yes, kids need chiropractic care and they can reap a ton of benefits from it too. Whether you’ve got a princess and a pea or a Jack and a beanstalk, helping your kids to be healthy, stay active, and be happy can be achieved in a lot of ways. Here’s why you should make one of them chiropractic so that their bodies can keep up with their imagination.
We All Fall Down
Is your child like Alice in Wonderland and always falling down the rabbit hole? Kids fall down, some more than others, but rest assured they all fall at some point or another. These falls may seem innocent enough and kids are well known for their resiliency, but those falls can cause joint dysfunctions and restrictions that can manifest themselves in a variety of ways. If these dysfunctions and restrictions go unchecked and untreated, then it can lead to health problems for your child.
As with all patients, children receive specific chiropractic adjustments that are unique to their bodies and condition.
A Body Out of Balance
You probably spend about as much time watching your child as they do watching Beauty and the Beast (for the millionth time). As you watch them, there are some subtle signs you can look for to indicate all those falls may be impacting their health.
Of course, it depends upon your child’s age, as smaller children may show different signs than older kids, but in general you should look for these signs to indicate that your child’s body may be out of balance and in need of chiropractic treatment:
- Poor coordination or balance
- Problems concentrating
- Slow to recover from minor illness
- Skin problems such as eczema
- Problems sleeping
If your child is struggling, then get them into The Joint Chiropractic for an evaluation!
The Benefits of Chiropractic for Kids
Once upon a time, you probably didn’t think much about taking your children to see a chiropractor. But it’s likely that once you begin taking your child to the chiropractor for safe, all-natural, hands-on chiropractic adjustments,you’ll see a variety of improvements including:
- Better sleep - If your child is suffering from a joint dysfunction or restriction that is causing them discomfort or tension at bedtime, then resolving it can help improve their quality of sleep, helping them to get the rest they need
- Improved immune system function - Kids are bombarded by germs at every corner, but chiropractic care can help improve their central nervous system function and that helps to improve the function of their immune system. This can translate to shorter illnesses and improved overall health for your little one.
- Improved attitude - Whether you’ve got a three-nager or a tween, chiropractic care can serve as a literal attitude adjustment for your child. That’s because better sleep and better overall health with chiropractic care can help to improve your child’s outlook and attitude, which can also help improve their behavior.
There are more than 450 locations of The Joint Chiropractic to serve you and nary a giant, witch or big bad wolf in sight. Get out of fantasyland and make chiropractic care a part of your child’s reality today!
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this page are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this post is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics, including but not limited to the benefits of chiropractic care, exercise and nutrition. It is not intended to provide or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your chiropractor, physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this page.