Chiropractic Care for Headache Pain
By Donna Stark
Headaches. We all get them, we all know what they feel like, and I think it's a safe bet to say that we all want them to go away as quickly as possible. Headaches are your body's way of telling you that there is some kind of underlying issue that needs attention. They don't just show up for that tea you make when you feel one coming on. They are a signal to you to take action, and if you get them often enough, the best kind of action you can take is to head on in to your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic.
Chiropractic Care for Headaches
Your local chiropractor has the knowledge and experience in finding the underlying issue that may be contributing to your headaches and can help you find the relief you have been longing for. On top of that, they can do it without the use of those pain-relief tablets that come with negative side-effects. No matter what the source of your headache pain is, chiropractic adjustments may be your best drug-free answer! Here's how.
- Reduces muscle tension in the back and neck
- Removes joint restrictions in the spine
- Reduces nerve interference
- Supports proper alignment of the spine
- Restores optimal function of the nervous and muscular systems
- Regulates the body's hormone production
- Reduces stress
- Enhances circulation
- Improves posture
Give It a Try
Chiropractic care is one of the safest and most effective forms of treatment for those who seek relief from headache pain, but your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic understand that you might not be able to see them as quickly as you want to because of work or other commitments, so here are a few tips to help you manage the pain until you can come in.
- Hot and cold packs - A cold pack to the forehead or a heating pad on your neck may help alleviate the pressure and pain you are feeling
- Caffeine - Don't overload on the caffeine here, but some people do find relief with a cup of coffee or tea
- Relaxation - Relaxation techniques such as napping and meditation can help with headache pain
- Ginger - Grab some ginger tea or munch on some ginger chews because ginger has been known to help alleviate pain
- Lights - Bright light can be a trigger for headaches, so get out of the sun or dim the lights in your home or office
- Water - Make sure you are drinking adequate amounts of water to stay properly hydrated
These tips may be able to provide some amount of relief, but you should still make it a point to see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic as soon as you can so that the underlying issue can be addressed. And that is easy to do so, because The Joint Chiropractic has more than 450 locations nationwide, extended hours, and no appointment or referral required! So come on in today! We are excited to help you.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Mesa, Ariz.