Relief for Chronic Back Pain
By Donna Kostiew
I remember when my back hurt more days than not. It didn’t take much to feel the pain attack me during the day. All I needed to do, really, was to stand for more than 20 minutes or so. The pain started off as a heaviness that seemed to push down on my spine from my shoulders, and would then land and stake claim to the area in my lower back. It made so many activities almost unbearable for me. I was constantly looking for places to sit.
I kept thinking it would get better, that I just needed to give it time. Well, time is what it got and before I knew it, my low back pain turned into something worse … chronic low back pain.
Chronic Pain Mistakes
Chronic pain is a term that describes pain that lasts over three to six months and can often take longer to resolve than an acute episode of pain. There are several misconceptions about chronic pain, so don’t fall into its trap by making these mistakes with yours.
- If medications don’t work, then there is nothing else that can be done about it
- If you give the pain time to resolve itself, and it doesn’t, you have no choice but to live with it
- If you are starting to have more candles on your birthday cake than friends at your party, it’s a sign of “old age” and you just have to accept it
Does any of this sound like you or someone you know? At some point, a change needs to be made, and that change is seeing your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic for relief.
Chiropractic Care for Chronic Pain
Chiropractic care is a safe and extremely effective form of treatment for low back pain that encourages your body to heal itself naturally by:
- Addressing the root of the problem
- Removing nerve interferences
- Maintaining proper spine alignment
- Promoting proper functioning of the nervous system for optimal health
- Avoiding the use of drugs or invasive surgeries
So don’t spend months or years living in pain. Get the help you need now and visit your chiropractor as soon as you can for pain relief. Or better yet, make it a goal to see them regularly. Regular chiropractic adjustments can help maintain optimal function of your spine and have been shown to help with the prevention of future back and neck pain. It is a great option to explore and definitely much better than any option of just “accepting” it. Say goodbye to your pain and start living the life you want.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Peoria, Ariz.