Start Your Child's Chiropractic Care Now!
By Donna Stark
Summer is here and that means that your child is no longer sitting behind a desk for the majority of the day. It also means that more than likely, they won’t have hired personnel watching their every move on the monkey bars during playtime. There’s a good chance that during the summer they will head down to the local park with friends, ride their bike around the neighborhood alone, or attempt to scale a tree or two without a playground aide stopping them first. It stands to reason then that their body will be at an increased risk for falls, bumps, and various injuries. Isn’t summer great?
Chiropractic Care for Children
Why does it always seem like children can never slow down enough to stop? Is it that hard to get them to realize that their bodies are going through critical changes as they grow and those subtle traumas during childhood can have long-lasting effects on their future? Well, no need to worry because help is right around the corner. Chiropractic care has been shown to have tremendous benefits for the health of your child’s spine, which results in improved health and wellness later in their lives.
Chiropractic Benefits for Children
The level of benefits that your child receives may vary from others, and that is ok … it’s normal … because children have their own unique needs and issues that are dependent on the developmental stage they are at. Let’s take a look at a range of examples to see how chiropractic care can help improve their overall well-being.
- Reduces the risk of sports injuries (and capture the flag injuries as well)
- Promotes optimal function of the nervous, digestive, and immune systems
- Encourages positive growth and development
- Reduces asthma symptoms, breathing difficulties, and allergies
- Alleviates digestive problems
- Promotes better sleep
- Decreases the number of ear infections and headaches
- Encourages optimal function of the nervous system
- Lessens the risk of health issues that could arise later on in life during adulthood
- Offers alternative treatments to avoid prescribed medications and invasive treatments
Healthy Spine, Healthy Child
It is vital to take care of your child’s spine, especially during their developmental years, and your chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic will be there every step of the way. By being proactive with chiropractic care when your child is young, the cumulative effect of those subtle traumas may be lessened and a foundation of optimal wellness will be established. What more could you ask for? Well, other than for them to get down from that tree!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Peoria, Ariz.