Chiropractic and Massage Help Arthritis Sufferers
By Debra Rodzinak
Those who suffer with arthritis pain and swelling and have not had success with traditional medical therapies are turning to natural, alternative forms of treatment. They are finding that chiropractic and massage are very helpful in managing their symptoms.
By using massage techniques, a skilled masseuse uses techniques to manipulate the muscles, tendons, and areas that are affected by arthritis pain. Different types of massage therapy include:
- Trigger point massage – This type of massage therapy relieves areas that are tight and may cause pain in other parts of the body.
- Deep tissue massage – Using slow and heavy movements, the muscles are targeted with concentrated pressure to loosen the fascia that is located below the surface of the skin.
- Swedish massage – Also known as a traditional massage, blood flow, circulation, and relaxation are the goal.
There are several studies that have shown the short-term benefits of massage therapy on patients suffering from arthritis pain.
Concentrating on treating neuromuscular and skeletal disorders allow chiropractors to treat those with arthritis symptoms effectively. Chiropractors believe that:
- The nervous system is affected by problems related to the spine
- When the structural integrity of the spine is restored, a person’s overall health is improved
Chiropractors use gentle spinal manipulation to relieve pressure on the spinal column and restore blood flow to all areas of the body. Patients who suffer from arthritis pain and swelling have reported that after a few chiropractic treatments, their range of motion is increased and their pain is decreased.
When range of motion is increased, patients are able to participate in exercise programs that provide additional pain relief and joint flexibility. Since arthritis often limits a patient's range of motion, chiropractic therapy that restores movement is highly beneficial in helping patients.
If you suffer from arthritis pain and are looking for a natural path to pain relief, drop by The Joint Chiropractic for a complete evaluation by a highly qualified doctor of chiropractic. At The Joint Chiropractic, the entire team works with patients to develop a treatment plan that puts the patient in charge. Using natural methods, chiropractors believe that the best path to pain relief is to allow the body to heal itself. Chiropractic allows for this natural form of healing without the use of drugs or surgery.
With no pesky insurance forms to fill out or appointment times to remember, finding relief from arthritis pain and swelling is just a walk-in away. Drop by The Joint Chiropractic today to begin your natural path to pain relief.
To learn more about your health and wellness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic.