Life Is All About Balance
By Donna Stark
Good balance is needed in your life if you want to live as safely and healthily as possible. It helps you perform most of your everyday activities, such as walking, climbing stairs, and getting in and out of your car. It also allows you to reach into the oven, lift your child, and carry packages from one spot to the next. But the most important thing that good balance can bring into your life is a reduced risk of falls. If you are struggling to stay on your feet or just feeling a little more unsteady than years past, come on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic as soon as you can! They will be able to help.
Chiropractic Care for Balance Issues
From sabotaging your physical performance during a game to increasing the risk of falls to causing significant injuries to your body, poor balance can wreak significant havoc in your life, no matter what your age or physical ability is. Fortunately, your local chiropractors can help. Take a look at how chiropractic care can turn things around.
- Clears the communication pathways between the brain and your eyes, ears, muscles, and joints
- Corrects joint dysfunction and removes nerve irritation
- Alleviates joint and muscle pain
- Restores optimal alignment in the body's muscles, joints, and bones
- Reduces the risk of further joint degeneration
- Encourages proper posture
- Corrects abnormal gait issues
Steps to Take at Home
In addition to routine chiropractic care, there are several things you can try on your own that may improve your overall balance and range of motion. Here are some suggestions.
- Sign up for a yoga or tai chi class, or practice the poses alone at home
- Incorporate different terrains while walking (concrete, grass, sand, steps, and hills)
- Walk a few steps while looking straight, then walk a few steps while looking over your shoulder
- Practice standing on one foot (make sure there is a chair, railing, or wall near you to grab, if needed)
- Do calf raises while brushing your teeth or waiting in lines
Life Is All About Balance
By incorporating the steps above and regular chiropractic adjustments into your life, you will begin to feel more balanced than ever before! And since chiropractic care avoids the use of prescription medications and invasive procedures, you can rest assured knowing it is the perfect solution for you or everyone in the family. So, come on in today! The chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic are eager to help you get back on solid ground!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Scottsdale, Ariz.