Top Reasons You Get Back Pain and How to Deal With It
By Alexis Mills
When you have back pain, no matter how minor or severe, it should be taken seriously. It can create a disruption in daily life and have major effects on your health and well-being -- both physical and emotional. In order to determine the underlying issues causing the back pain you are experiencing, review some of the top reasons below to see if they pertain to you.
- Bad posture - Forward head posture can put extra pressure on the back and force it into a restricted state. To measure your posture, stand how you normally do next to a wall, then press your back up straight against the wall. You might see how you slouch more than you realize, and how you should have your shoulders back.
- Stress - When we are in a stressed mental state, it can affect the rest of the body as well, including the back but also the neck. Stress can cause headaches.
- Wear and tear - Through the aging process, especially if you are not taking care of your body in the present, the wear and tear of everyday life creates inflammation in the back and throughout the body.
- Repetitive damaging movements - If you are continuing the same movement that is straining your body, it can create an injury or pain. It isn't always a movement you would expect either. A friend of mine worked at a winery in college and was a pourer. Doing the continuous movement of pouring sparkling wine in champagne glasses eventually created a strain in her back and shoulder.
- Remaining in a position for long periods of time - If you work an office job or another job that requires you to stay in a certain position or remain stagnant for a long time, it really affects the back. For this generation, it's said that sitting is the new smoking. Don't let that be you and remember to take breaks and stretch the body.
- Obesity - Being overweight or obese forces the body to work overtime to perform its day-to-day activities. The back is forced to support more body weight, which creates strain which ultimately leads to pain.
How to Deal With It
Back pain isn't a fun issue to have. Luckily, you can easily get relief by reaching out to The Joint Chiropractic. Chiropractors at The Joint will help you target the specific area and an adjustment will target the root cause of the pain. Chiropractors can free up pressure placed on the nerves emanating from the spinal cord. Don't hesitate and stop into The Joint today!
To learn more about your health, wellness and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in North Little Rock, Ark.