Come On, It's Time to Relax!
By Donna Stark
It's definitely nice to find the time to relax, but more than just being nice, relaxation also plays an important part of a healthy lifestyle. And with the busy holiday season and the uptick in colds and the flu, staying healthy is vital during this time of year. It's crucial that you take the time amid your hectic schedule to slow down and step away from the craziness of your days because being overstressed, overworked, and overstimulated will eventually take its toll on your body.
Go Ahead and Relax
Although small amounts of stress can motivate us to work harder, make us mentally and physically tougher, and help us learn how to manage high-anxiety situations more calmly, too much stress all at once or on a daily basis is another story. And that's why relaxation is so important. Relaxation helps to keep our lives balanced and is essential for optimal well-being. Take a look at how it can benefit you.
- Promotes quality sleep
- Regulates moods
- Enhances concentration
- Sharpens memory
- Increases blood flow
- Improves digestion
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces inflammation
Effective Ways to Relax
If you are starting to stress over how to effectively relax, calm down! Your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic have some great ideas to share. Check them out below.
- Meditate - No need to book a day at the spa to snag some peaceful time alone. You can literally meditate anywhere. Just find a quiet place where you can go to take your mind off things.
- Scalp massage - Is your stress at the point where you want to pull your hair out? Well, don't do that! Just get a scalp massage instead. You won't believe how relaxing it really can be.
- Head outside - If your grumpy mood is casting a dark shadow in the room, you may want to head outdoors for some sunshine. Enjoying time with Mother Nature is a great way to relax.
- Take some time off - Whether you dip your toes in the ocean or head for the mountains, taking a break from work and disconnecting may just be exactly what the doctor ordered.
- Get back to your favorite hobby - Getting lost in your favorite hobby will work wonders for your stress level, so get creative, play a sport, or grab that book you've been meaning to read.
Relaxation Is Key
There is no better time to discover the art of relaxation than now, so don't put it off any longer! Find what works best in your life and make sure you do it! It won't be long before you start feeling like an entirely new person.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Culver City, Calif.