Easy Tips for Better Joint Health
By Donna Stark
When people say they are suffering from arthritis, they're not joking. Living with arthritis is arguably one of the most difficult things to do. It hurts. In fact, it hurts on so many levels that unless you are experiencing it firsthand, you couldn't even imagine the pain involved. But arthritis isn't only about the pain. It's also about the higher rates of depression and anxiety, the increased risk of serious medical conditions, and the lack of sleep, which we all know can be a major blow to the quality of our lives too.
Say No to Arthritis
It's fair to say that arthritis is definitely not something you ever wish to go through, and although there is no sure way to prevent arthritis completely, there are some things that can help reduce your risk and its progression. Take a look.
- Healthy weight - Obesity will only exacerbate arthritis, so it's important to lose those excess pounds. Maintaining a healthier weight will help reduce your risk of arthritis or alleviate the pain you are experiencing if you already have it.
- Sports injuries - It's no surprise that sports injuries can lead to significant joint issues so be careful when playing and pay attention to your body's movements. Excellent training, correct equipment, and proper stretching before and after activity can help reduce the risk of getting hurt.
- Diet - Consuming a diet filled with nutrient-dense foods can help keep your joints healthy right now and in the future! Look for foods that are rich in Vitamins C and D, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants for stronger and more stable joints.
- Exercise - Exercising for at least 30 minutes a day can help you lose weight and strengthen your muscles, which will not only improve the integrity of your joints but will also alleviate your pain. Yes, you read that right. Even though you may not feel like engaging in physical activity, movement is key for joint health.
- Correct posture - If your job has you sitting or standing for extended periods of time or if you are constantly lifting and bending over, you may be at an increased risk of joint dysfunction. Protect your joints by focusing on correct posture throughout the day, use proper lifting techniques, and get adjusted regularly at The Joint Chiropractic!
Achieving a Pain-Free Future
The physical, mental, and emotional symptoms of arthritis can be devastating to those affected, so try to take the proper precautions now to reduce your risk. Follow the tips above and get adjusted at The Joint Chiropractic regularly for improved wellness today and better health tomorrow!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in La Verne, Calif.