Chiropractic Care After Baby Comes Home
By Donna Stark
Bringing a new baby home brings joy like no other, but it can also bring an array of challenges that some new parents don't even consider. As many can imagine, the new routine and the lack of sleep can have a profound impact on mom and dad, but that's not all! There can be some serious stress and tension placed on the back, neck, and shoulders of those who are caring for that perfect little package too. If you are currently pregnant, you may want to consider starting chiropractic care now so that both you and your significant other are completely ready for the new arrival.
Celebrating the New Arrival With Chiropractic Care
Preparing for your baby is a lot of work, but the really hard work isn't going to start until you bring your little one home. And that hard work will certainly take its toll on a body. Muscle aches, sleep deprivation, mood swings ... even the most nurturing and patient parents can find themselves struggling during this time. So get ahead of it all and start chiropractic care today! And then continue with it once you are back home with your baby because there are too many benefits to miss if you don't. Take a look at some of them here.
- Speeds the recovery and healing process
- Alleviates pain and discomfort
- Removes joint restrictions and nerve interference
- Reduces inflammation, strain, and tension in the body
- Restores energy and quality sleep
- Reduces mood swings, stress, and anxiety
- Restores optimal function to the body's nervous and immune systems
- Reduces muscle fatigue and spasms
- Reduces the frequency and intensity of headache pain
Safety Tips For Home
Don't forget your healthy habits once you are home with the baby, too! Here are some tips on how to stay healthy, mobile, and pain-free during the first few months.
- Lifting the baby - When lifting your little one, be sure to keep your spine in a neutral position and use proper lifting techniques to avoid injury
- Carrying baby gear - When carrying or moving that heavy gear, hold the items close to your body, avoid any abnormal twisting, and use both hands to keep yourself balanced
- Holding the baby - Holding a baby while standing can oftentimes become unstable, so keep your feet shoulder-width apart, your weight evenly distributed, and your hips in a neutral position
- Pushing a stroller - Be sure that the height of the handlebar on your stroller is at a comfortable level, one that allows you to keep your shoulders and arms relaxed
The Best of Times
Parenthood is definitely exhausting, and the aches and pains that come with it can make life difficult, but you certainly don't want to miss a minute of it! So come on in to The Joint Chiropractic today. With more than 450 locations nationwide, extended hours, and no appointment required, you can definitely find the time to fit it in your busy new schedule!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in San Jose, Calif.