7 Yoga Practices That Keep You From Feeling The Zen
Yoga is meant for relaxing your mind so you can focus on your inner wellness and achieve a full calming effect that brings out your total Zen.
But it’s probably a bit tough to do when some hairy guy without a shirt keeps grunting and dropping beads of sweat all over the yoga mat closest to yours. In fact, check out seven things that make yoga connoisseurs go nuts during yoga class and wreck their shot at full enlightenment.
1. Putting your mat way too close to someone else's.
Much like is the case with male urinals, this rule isn’t complicated-- if there's available room to space yourself out, you really should.
2. "Practicing" before class with a silly (and pointless) stretch.
Stop showboating, and be normal.
3. Bringing your phone or electronic distractions with you onto the mat.
Yoga is one of the final remaining “device-free” spaces in our technologically-inclined world-- and just seeing your phone staring up at you while you’re in the middle of a yoga pose can wreck your Zen-like aura.
4. Spreading out unnecessary accessories into your yoga space.
There’s no need to fret about a loose bracelet or car keys slicing your foot as you work to achieve mental wellness-- so leave them in the locker.
5. Coming with your significant other and showing off your physiques.
OK, you’re both very fit and very much in love-- but there’s an unwritten rule that condemns you to the back of the class if that’s the case… at least, there should be.
6. Chatting loudly about non-yoga things before class begins.
You probably came to yoga to achieve inner peace, not find out how Samantha’s boyfriend is totally cheating and how upset you are about the accident some jerk caused you to be in. Leave the pointless gossip outside the yoga class.
7. Going shirtless and sweating way too much.
It’s gross, and nobody in class wants to see all that salty sweat dripping from your working body.
Always consult your chiropractor or primary care physician for all your health related advice.