Chief Marketing Officer
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Full Time <!–– ––>
Chief Marketing Officer
About the Company:
The Joint Corp. www.thejoint.com founded in Scottsdale, AZ is a public company that revolutionized access to chiropractic care when it introduced its retail healthcare business model in 2010. Today, it is the nation’s largest operator, manager and franchisor of chiropractic clinics through The Joint Chiropractic network. The company is making quality care convenient and affordable, while eliminating the need for insurance, for millions of patients seeking pain relief and ongoing wellness. With a staff of over 700 employees supporting more than 700 franchised locations and over 125 corporately owned or managed locations nationwide and over 12 million patient visits annually, The Joint Chiropractic is a key leader in the chiropractic industry. Ranked number one on Forbes’ 2022 America's Best Small Companies list, number three on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list and consistently named to Franchise Times “Top 400+ Franchises” and Entrepreneur’s “Franchise 500®” lists, The Joint Chiropractic is an innovative force, where healthcare meets retail.
What types of employees are attracted to The Joint Chiropractic? Those who gravitate to a mission-driven organization committed to improving quality of life through routine and affordable chiropractic care. People drawn to working for a category leader, with a first-mover advantage and a heritage of blazing new trails. Professionals looking to make an impact in a rapidly growing concept at a leading franchisor and healthcare retailer. Individuals seeking a talented community of like-minded brand builders and movement drivers. We are The Joint Chiropractic, and together we’re changing the way Americans seek treatment for everyday pain relief and lifelong wellness. Come join our team as we take the next step forward in our evolution.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Leads marketing and strategic planning for The Joint Chiropractic to advance enterprise initiatives and strengthen performance with consumer and franchise prospects, DC candidates, as well as existing patients. Builds awareness and positions The Joint as a global leader in chiropractic and health & wellness. Owns the consumer and patient experience across all touchpoints. Oversees planning, development and execution of our go-to-market strategy, including digital and retail advertising initiatives, branded and social media content, public relations, partnerships, promotions, marketing automation and search engine optimization. Directs annual marketing spending of $15M+.
- Strengthens customer acquisition model and drives down the cost of a new patient prospect.
- Activates brand through impactful creative, advertising and content marketing executions.
- Utilizes our rich patient data to develop digital lead generation and patient engagement campaigns.
- Deploys successful media plans for the national brand as well as for the corporate clinic portfolio.
- Develops impactful marketing technology platforms and local marketing toolkit for franchisees and clinic teams.
- Oversees and administers the National Marketing Fund, internal marketing team and outside strategic partners.
- Directs development of annual corporate strategic plans and supports execution of enterprise initiatives.
- Leads planning for national franchisee conferences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of duties and responsibilities for the position. Although the list includes a varied set of duties and responsibilities, it is not all-encompassing. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Company.
Brand Positioning & Development:
Use insights from business analytics, market intelligence or primary/secondary research to better inform understanding of patients, doctors and the marketplace. Positions The Joint as a thought leader in chiropractic and health & wellness and builds awareness and relevance with new patient and DC prospects.
Develops brand standards and creative advertising executions that communicate our positioning and attract the desired response. Create branded content, social media engagement and public relations campaigns that build our reputation, strengthen our patient and doctor relationships, and provide education and validation of our brand promise online and offline.
Owns the consumer and patient experience across all touchpoints. Partners with operations, technology and other teams to deliver on the brand promise for patients. Assists with development of new products and services to increase clinic sales.
Develops strategies and tactics that drive the successful acquisition of new patient prospects while increasing visitation, conversion, and lifetime value of existing patients.
- Creates and refines an overarching clinic marketing strategy with awareness, digital lead generation, and lead conversion tactics that drive new patient prospects through the purchase funnel and into our clinics.
- Maintains a tracking system that measures the success of our advertising tactics with target KPIs, and optimizes them over time based on performance and return on investment.
- Develops our marketing technology platforms, identifies and shares best practices, refines our toolkit, and trains franchisees and clinic teams to deploy them in their local markets.
- Refines and optimizes our search engine optimization (SEO) and social media program and train clinics on best practices.
- Creates and executes retail promotions that drive incremental sales growth and attract new patient prospects.
- Develops and executes a content marketing strategy that increases patient engagement and education, to include channels such as company website, company landing pages, email, SMS, and social media marketing.
- Oversees outside agencies, including Digital, Public Relations, Creative, Media, Fulfillment and Marketing Research.
- Oversee and administer the National Marketing Fund (NMF) to support system growth.
New Clinic Opening Strategy:
Refines and optimizes new clinic opening program with tools, tactics, and recommended ad spending levels that achieve clinic sales ramp objectives. Creates advertising and collateral that supports all facets of the new clinic opening. Teaches program to franchisees, as well as Regional Developers and Franchise Business Consults to increase support for clinics in their territories.
Corporate Clinic Marketing Plans:
Deploys proven marketing toolkit, including advertising, collateral, and local store marketing tactics, on behalf of our growing corporate portfolio of clinics. Partners with corporate operations team by deploying our new clinic opening program in support of our greenfield openings. Oversees corporate clinic marketing budget.
B-to-B/B-to-E Marketing Support:
Partners with Franchise Sales to reach franchise prospects and drive them through the sales funnel. Partners with Recruiting to attract DCs and other talent to apply for employment. Tactics include development and optimization of advertising tactics, creative, public relations, lead generation and nurturing, website development and other strategic thinking. Supports real estate site selection committee in the evaluation of prospective clinics and trade areas.
Franchise Training & Engagement:
Engages and leverages the National Franchise Advisory Board (NFAB) and Regional Co-Ops to improve performance of the marketing programs and sales in clinics nationwide. Builds relationships of trust and respect among these teams. Attends meetings, contributes insights and strategy, and guides the discussion and direction of marketing efforts to improve system performance. Develops and optimizes toolkits and training materials that teach franchisees how to deploy best practices in their market. Enforces compliance as relates to local advertising spend and creative brand executions.
Marketing Talent Development:
Attracts and retains the strongest marketing talent available. Sets strategic vision for the team and delegates responsibilities and accountabilities as required. Supports individual and professional growth. Communicates key information necessary for the performance of their responsibilities. Grows team culture that enhances employment satisfaction.
Corporate Strategy Development:
Directs company’s annual planning process in partnership with leadership that delivers on our strategic vision, financial targets and other short- and long-term objectives. Works cross-functionally to nurture development and execution of enterprise initiatives.
General Leadership Support:
Assists with communication efforts; writes press releases and develops presentations, as needed, for CEO and other leadership; participates in corporate staff meetings and contributes strategic thinking. Responds to queries and requests for information from Board members and investors. Partners with investor relations firm as needed.
- 20-25 years of marketing experience in franchise and/or small box retail; at least 10 years in a leadership role; experience in a membership model highly desired but not required.
- Membership marketing experience preferred.
- M.B.A. preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product, and service management in both online and offline channels.
- Demonstrated experience and results in driving unit-based sales volumes in a multi-unit retail system.
- Able to establish and nurture an overarching strategic vision while partnering on the workload as needed.
- Sales-oriented, capable of influencing and working with cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills a must; ability to present to small and large audiences.
- Understanding of all business disciplines and their interaction with the marketing department.
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics and their impact on brand performance.
- Superb analytical skills and a creative thinker.
Peter Holt, Chief Executive Officer
Jake Singleton, Chief Financial Officer
Charles Nettles, Chief Technology Officer
About The Joint Corp. (NASDAQ: JYNT)
Driven by the mission to improve the quality of life through routine and affordable chiropractic care, The Joint Chiropractic is an emerging growth company making quality care convenient and affordable for patients seeking pain relief and ongoing wellness. With over 400 non-insurance, self-pay chiropractic offices nationwide and more than four million patient visits annually, The Joint Chiropractic is truly a leader in the chiropractic profession. For more information, visit www.thejoint.com, or follow the brand on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Joint Corp. is a franchisor of clinics and an operator of clinics in certain states. In Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Washington, The Joint Corp. and its franchisees provide management services to affiliated professional chiropractic practices.