Hip Pain is Nothing to Smile About
By Donna Stark
"Hands on your hips and a smile on your lips." Have you ever heard that saying before? Maybe if you are posing for a picture, it's something you wouldn't mind hearing, but if your hands are on your hips because you are trying to alleviate their pain, I can't imagine you would appreciate someone telling you to smile. There certainly isn't much to smile about when your body is screaming in pain, and with your hips involved with most of your daily movements, there is plenty of pain to pass around, isn't there?
Common Causes of Hip Pain
There are several reasons why your hips may be hurting. Take a look at a few of them that your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic can help with.
- Arthritis - Chronic hip pain can be caused by osteoarthritis which is often known as the wear-and-tear type of arthritis that affects many people as they age
- Tendinitis - Tendons around the hip joint can easily become inflamed if you overuse them or participate in strenuous activities
- Bursitis - Bursitis occurs when the bursa (small sacs of fluid that act as cushions between bones and soft tissue) become inflamed from irritation or overuse
- Back issues - Joint dysfunction in the spine and sciatica pain can also be the cause of your hip issues
Chiropractic Care for Hip Pain
If your pain gives you little reason to smile, your best bet is to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic as soon as you can. By treating the issues that are affecting your hips, they will be able to turn your frown upside-down in no time. Here's how chiropractic care can help.
- Identifies and targets the source of pain
- Places the hips (and spine) in proper alignment
- Alleviates pain and discomfort
- Restores optimal function to the joints and muscles
- Reduces inflammation and strain
- Relieves nerve pressure
- Slows the degeneration process
- Speeds the healing and recovery process of overuse injuries
Smiles for Days
Living with hip pain can have a significant impact on your quality of life, so don't wait another minute to find the relief and long-lasting results you have been searching for. Chiropractic care encourages the body to heal itself naturally and is one of the safest and most effective approaches to treating pain, so come on in to The Joint Chiropractic today! With more than 475 locations nationwide, daily hours, and no appointment or referral needed, it couldn't be any easier to start smiling once again!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Arvada, Colo.