Chiropractic Tips for Summer Pain
By Sara Butler
Summer is a season most people look forward to, but it’s also a season that can be filled with pain! The outdoor activities, from sports to gardening to swimming, can result in injuries that end in discomfort and pain. These issues may be the result of poor technique or posture, or it might be that you’ve just pushed your body too far. When summertime pain strikes, what should you do? Talk to a chiropractor at The Joint!
In the summertime, there are a handful of injuries that are quite common, such as:
- Rotator cuff injury – Your rotator cuff is in your shoulder and it helps to rotate your arm. In the summer, repetitive movements such as those involved in swimming, gardening, or playing sports, can cause injury to the rotator cuff, making movement painful.
- Plantar fasciitis – The plantar fascia is located on the bottom of the foot. People who do a lot of activity involving running or walking can injure the fascia, causing inflammation and pain.
- Knee injuries – More outdoor activity can lead to a muscle imbalance in the legs, resulting in knee injury and pain.
The sheer fact that the summer sun calls for you to get outside and be active makes your risk for injury and pain even higher. But the chiropractors at The Joint can keep you healthy all summer long!
How Chiropractors Can Help
One of the main jobs of a chiropractor is to keep your body working optimally. They accomplish this a few different ways, such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments – Adjustments done by the chiropractor remove joint dysfunction and restriction to help your body work as it should. They help to improve mobility, loosen tight muscles, and help your body to recover from injuries sustained in summer.
- Nutrition – Are you eating all the fruits and vegetables you should be during the summer -- and hydrating properly too? Your chiropractor can help you to understand how important proper nutrition is to your overall health and how it can help your body to heal.
- Exercises – There may be certain exercises or stretches that can help your condition improve and prevent future injury.
- Lifestyle – The chiropractors at The Joint can help you to understand how making simple and small changes to your habits and behaviors can improve your overall health and help you to avoid injury.
Stay healthy this summer with the help of the chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Aurora, Colo.