Staying Active Even When it Hurts With Chiropractic
By Donna Stark
There is still plenty of summer to enjoy but unfortunately, you don't see much joy heading your way, do you? That back pain you feel every day is only getting worse and as each week passes, the list of activities you can do gets shorter and shorter. You know that you need to stay physically active, but how is that even possible when you can barely move? If your back pain has finally gotten to the point where it limits your mobility, it's time to consider seeing your local chiropractor for help!
Staying Active Even When It Hurts
Everyone knows that physical activity is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, but sometimes that healthy lifestyle gets pushed to the side when pain makes it impossible to move. Back pain sufferers know this all too well and so does your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic. Take a look at how chiropractic care can help relieve your pain so that you can keep moving.
- Places the spine and other joints of your body in proper alignment
- Removes the joint restrictions and nerve interference that may be causing pain
- Reduces stress, strain, and inflammation
- Restores joint mobility, stability, and function
- Increases balance, coordination, range of motion, and flexibility
- Improves circulation for quicker healing
Exercises to Choose When in Pain
It's important to stay active even when you are in pain and just because your favorite activities aren't in the cards right now, it doesn't mean everything fitness-related has to be too! Here are some back-friendly workouts you may be able to do until you can get back to doing what you really love.
- Walking - Walking is a great low-impact exercise that is easy on your joints, helps to get your blood flowing, and strengthens those core muscles in and around the spine.
- Swimming - Swimming is perfect for those who suffer from back pain. The water supports the body, relieves stress on the joints, and helps to strengthen those very important core muscles too.
- Cycling - If you like a little more excitement and some wind in your hair, cycling is for you! Like walking and swimming, it provides the perfect opportunity to exercise without placing any extra stress or strain on your back. But just make sure you choose a smooth and flat surface to ride on. You don't want to do any mountain biking right now!
Staying Healthy and Fit While in Pain
Barring any serious injury or surgery, it is especially important to stay active when you are experiencing back pain, so see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic today and get the relief you need to keep moving! With more than 450 locations nationwide, daily hours, and no appointment or referral needed, gaining your mobility and losing your pain is actually quite easy!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Jacksonville, Fla.