Chiropractic Solutions for Hip Pain
By Sara Butler
Hip pain can happen to anyone at any time, taking many forms. You can experience pain in the front of your hip, the sides or even the back around your buttocks. The source of the pain often determines how intense the pain is and where you feel it. Here are some of the things that can cause hip pain and some chiropractic solutions that can help.
The Causes of Hip Pain
Usually, hip pain isn’t the result of a single problem. More often than not, it has several origins, including:
- Bursitis – A fluid-filled sac called the bursa surrounds your joints. It helps to reduce friction and cushion the joint, but when it becomes inflamed it results in bursitis.
- Osteoarthritis – This is a degenerative process of the cartilage around your joints, often the result of normal wear and tear.
- Overuse or muscle strain – If you are physically active or athletic, this is a common problem. Putting your body through the same movements for long periods can cause muscles in the hip to become bruised or torn.
- Transient osteoporosis – This is a reversible but painful condition that impacts some pregnant women and middle-aged men.
If you’re looking for a solution to your pain that doesn’t involve pain medication or surgeries, then chiropractic is the natural solution you are looking for. Chiropractic care at The Joint does not employ medications or invasive procedures, but rather offers a natural path to healing. Even if you have a condition that cannot be fully resolved by chiropractic treatment, it can still help your symptoms to lessen. Chiropractors can offer you:
- Exercise and stretches – Your chiropractor can offer you a personalized exercise and stretching program to help increase the range of motion of your hips and strengthen the muscles, both of which can help to speed healing.
- Spinal adjustments – The goal of spinal adjustments is to eliminate or reduce spinal misalignments that could be the source of your hip pain or making it worse.
- Lifestyle adjustments – If you are participating in a behavior that may be the cause of your hip pain, your chiropractor can help you to identify it in order to offer real solutions to help you change this behavior for better health.
- Nutrition – Nutrition is a big part of overall health, and your chiropractor is trained to offer nutritional advice that can help you eat healthier. This can assist you to maintain a healthy weight which can reduce the strain on your hips and help speed your recovery.
If you are experiencing hip pain, don’t delay in getting to the chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic for an evaluation today!