Try Chiropractic and Mindfulness Scans When Pain Hits
By Sandy Schroeder
Sometimes when pain hits, it is hard to think clearly, but there are some effective choices that can make a difference. Strong chiropractic support and focused mindfulness can bring relief. Here is how it works.
Start With Chiropractic Support
The Joint Chiropractic clinic in your community provides doctors of chiropractic who can help you deal with pain and find ongoing solutions for wellness too. People of all ages find the best answers with chiropractic treatment.
When you come in, your chiropractor will assess your pain and work with you to find natural drug-free solutions. The goal will be to improve spinal health to help you enjoy better overall health. The spine keeps us mobile and the central nervous system inside coordinates all of our brain-to-body communication.
A gentle targeted spinal adjustment may provide far-reaching pain relief and a variety of other benefits such as more energy, improved sleep and clearer thinking. As you evaluate your benefits, you may choose weekly 15-minute spinal adjustments to stay at your peak.
Together you and your chiropractor can monitor your progress and continue to fine tune your efforts to minimize pain and maximize health.
Discover Mindfulness Scans
At the same time, you may want to try a mindfulness scan to help erase stress and ease pain. Harvard Health says the mindfulness scan was created to help you get to know your body and take charge of your pain. In the process, you may enjoy less stress and less pain. I have used a version of this scan in my weekly yoga class and it relaxes and focuses the body to set the stage for the class.
Here is how it works. Stress reduction expert Jon Kabat-Zinn outlines the steps for this mindfulness meditation.
- Stretch out on your back in a comfortable position
- Close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing as you inhale and exhale
- Then start with your left foot and see how it feels
- If there is pain, accept it and gently breathe through it without judging it
- Gradually let go of the focus on the left foot and move on to the right foot to do the same inspection
- Slowly and thoroughly work your way up your legs, into your arms, through your core and onto your neck and head, examining each area and accepting the sensations there
- As you finish, rise up to do stretches or other yoga poses
If you do this mindfulness scan on a daily basis, you may find you have more body awareness and less stress pain.
When you are ready to tackle your pain, stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you. No reservations are needed. Weekend and evening hours are available, and affordable personal healthcare plans eliminate the hassle of insurance.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Roseville, Minn.