The Laziest Guide To Burning Calories Ever
Want to shed pounds but just can’t bring yourself to run everyday or sweat it out at the gym? Well, the truth is you really don’t have to bust your butt to start seeing results. Sometimes starting with small changes make it easier to transition into a healthier lifestyle. Here are my favorite seven tips that even the laziest of people will be able to pull off.
- Coffee is your friend. I know there is the ongoing debate whether caffeine is good for you or not, but the truth is that it helps burn calories. The effects can last up to three hours. So, drink up.
- Swap your office chair out for a stability ball. Sitting on one of these balls can actually burn up to 260 more calories than if you were to stay put in your swivel chair. Sitting on the spherical seat causes you to engage your core to balance upright. So you burn calories doing something you would be doing anyway- sitting down.
- Curb your carbs. This doesn’t mean throw them out of your diet completely, but having carb free meals as little as two days a week spikes weight loss. Look up some paleo-friendly dinners to get some tasty and filling ideas.
- No snacking allowed. Eating between meals is the easiest way to gain weight. I know it’s easy to grab for something when bored at work or watching your favorite tv show, but you’re doing more damage than you know. Instead, chew on some gum. This calorie-free candy will keep your mouth busy and make you at least feel like you’re eating something until lunch or dinner rolls around.
- Spice up your life. Eating Spicy food increases your metabolism by up to 23 percent. Translation? You can burn calories while eating. So sprinkle on the cayenne or top off with Tabasco and feel the burn.
- Don’t sit still. I know your mother always told you to stop fidgeting, but now that you are an adult that is exactly what you want to do. Wiggling your feet, tapping your toes, pacing the room or any other antsy behavior can burn hundreds more calories as opposed to sitting still. And the best part is that most of the time you don’t even realize you’re doing it.
- 10 minutes is all you need. Trust me, when it comes to working out I am the last person in line, but even I can manage to get motivated for 10 minutes. That is all the time you need to get a high intensity workout in that will leave your metabolism boosted for up to an hour.