A Great Solution to a Common Problem
By Debra Rodzinak
A common problem for many people is neck pain. Strain from poor posture, hours spent sitting hunched over a desk, and arthritis are a few causes of neck pain. Neck pain can also be the result of a pinched nerve which can lead to numbness or tingling in extremities or shooting pain in the shoulder or arms.
Neck Pain Symptoms
Some common symptoms that can indicate there is a problem with the neck include:
- Pain that gets worse when the head is held in place for long periods of time
- Spasms or tightness in the muscles of the neck
- When the head is unable to move or does not move as naturally as intended
Some changes to prevent neck pain can be taken before serious injury occurs. To keep the neck healthy and pain-free, try to:
- Use good posture
- Take frequent breaks when traveling long distance or working long hours
- Use ergonomics when designing an office space
- Keep the telephone off the shoulder
- Quit smoking
- Avoid straps carried on bags that are too heavy, which pull one shoulder down
- Adjust sleep position to ensure that the head and neck is properly aligned
Chiropractic is a form of alternative medicine that can treat neck pain without drugs or surgery. Chiropractors address spinal issues with gentle, controlled adjustments that allow the spine to work as intended. The vertebra of the neck are located at the upper part of the spine and are responsible for the function of the head, neck, shoulders, and arms.
When the neck is out of alignment, pain and numbness can occur in the neck, head, shoulders, and arms. Chiropractic treats the symptoms of neck pain and address the issues associated with the spine. Chiropractors believe that when a spine is properly aligned, the body can work as intended and issues such as pain and discomfort will be eliminated.
If you are experiencing neck pain and do not want to take addictive drugs or undergo expensive and painful surgery, come by The Joint Chiropractic to discuss treatment options with a highly qualified doctor of chiropractic.
At The Joint Chiropractic, the cost of a spinal treatment is often less expensive than an insurance copay. With no pesky insurance forms to fill out or appointment times to remember, patients from all over the country are finding pain relief and better overall health for their neck with a visit to The Joint Chiropractic.
To learn more about your health and wellness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic.