How Chiropractic Care Can Help With Headaches
By Donna Stark
I am sure we have all had days in the past month that have been harder to manage than others. It's a fairly normal occurrence for busy people like ourselves, isn't it? But what isn't normal is if those unmanageable days are a result of piercing and relentless headaches. Headaches, although common, should never be considered normal, so if you are struggling with them and if they are creating difficult and unmanageable days for you, it's time to see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic.
Chiropractic Care for Headaches
Sure, your stubborn child sitting next to you during the drive to school or the coworker that takes a three-hour lunch can easily provoke sudden head pain here or there, but those aren't the headaches I am talking about. The ones I am speaking of are the daily headaches that last for hours. The ones you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. And whether they are dull, sharp, throbbing, or completely debilitating, if they affect your day, they need to be addressed. Here's why chiropractic care is an effective solution.
- Reduces stress, strain, and tension in the back and neck
- Decreases inflammation
- Removes joint dysfunctions in the spine
- Eliminates nerve interference
- Encourages proper alignment in the body
- Restores optimal function to the nervous system
- Regulates the body's hormone production
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Enhances proper blood flow
- Improves sleep quality
Self-Care Tips for the Prevention of Headaches
Although chiropractors are highly skilled at identifying and targeting the underlying source of the problem, and at alleviating the intensity and frequency of headaches, they can't do all the work alone. So here are some tips on how you can help reduce the risk of headache pain too.
- Take periodic breaks if working on a computer or laptop for long periods of time
- Incorporate back and neck stretches to your daily routine
- Be aware of teeth and jaw clenching
- Drink the recommended amount of water every day
- Get tested for food intolerance and allergies
- Avoid headache triggers such as loud music, bright lights, and certain scents
Better Days With Fewer Headaches
If you are struggling to manage your days because headache pain won't leave you alone, and are looking for a safe and all-natural approach to find relief, come on in to see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic today! With more than 475 locations nationwide, daily hours, affordable wellness plans, and no appointment required, getting rid of that pain couldn't be any easier!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Portland, Ore.