Flexibility Makes Life Easier
By Donna Stark
There really is no way around it. Whether you work in an office or spend your days outdoors, you simply can't go through life without some amount of flexibility. Flexibility is a key component in your ability to complete everyday tasks. But what if you aren't very flexible? Can you improve the level of flexibility you have? And is it even possible to increase your range of motion too? Fortunately, the answer is yes! And your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic can help.
Improve Flexibility With the Help of Chiropractic Care
If you want to improve your daily movements, athletic performance, and quality of life, then it is time to integrate routine chiropractic care into your healthcare routine. Here are some of the ways chiropractic care can help with your flexibility and range of motion.
- Places the body in proper alignment
- Restores natural posture
- Eases joint tension and stiffness
- Relaxes muscles
- Supports optimal joint and muscle function
- Improves blood flow
- Alleviates pain and discomfort
Tips for Home
In addition to routine chiropractic care, there are also some things you can do at home to aid in the process of improving your flexibility and range of motion. Take a look at a few of your chiropractor's favorite suggestions below.
- Stop sitting and get active - Try to incorporate at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise and some morning stretches into your daily routine! Stretching in the morning, and before and after your workouts will make a big impact on your flexibility.
- Give yoga and tai chi a try - The poses involved with these exercises help to stretch, relax, and lengthen your body's muscles. Join a class or check out some videos online.
- Stay hydrated - Chronic dehydration can cause tightness in your muscles so make sure you are drinking the recommended amount of water every day. Carry a water bottle around so you don't forget to keep drinking.
- Consume a nutrient-dense diet - Many processed foods can cause an increase in inflammation which can lead to extra pain and stiffness, so try to avoid them as much as you can. Do your best to add more nutrient-dense items to your diet, such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains.
Enjoying Added Flexibility
Taking the steps to improve your flexibility will go a long way with your overall health and wellness, so follow the simple tips above and establish routine chiropractic care at The Joint Chiropractic into your life today! You won't believe the difference it will make!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Portland, Ore.