The Importance of Water to Your Health
By Donna Stark
All too often, we are reminded of how important it is to consume a nutrient-rich and well-balanced diet. Eating the right foods is vital if you want to maintain a healthier weight, boost your immune system, and reduce the risk of serious health issues in the future. However, just as important as it is to eat the right things, you also have to drink the right beverages. And there is nothing better for your body than water! Here's what your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic have to say about this topic.
The Importance of Water
Water is vital to the human body. You simply cannot live without it. And if you want optimal health and wellness, you really shouldn't go a day without drinking the recommended amount. Take a look at the information below to learn more about the importance of water and how it can impact your overall health and wellness.
- Nutrient delivery - Without water, your body would not be able to transport the nutrients you get from food to where they need to be
- Digestion - Water improves how effectively your body digests food and flushes out toxins
- Joint function - Your body can move better when properly hydrated because water helps to keep your joints lubricated
- Injury prevention - Dehydration increases the risk of muscle cramps, strains, and other significant injuries
- Organ function - Water protects our vital organs by reducing the burden of their work and helping them absorb nutrients better
- Body temperature - Without water, your body would be unable to regulate its temperature
- Brain health - Adequate hydration is needed for healthy brain function (short-term memory, focus, concentration, and clear, measured thinking)
Adequate daily water intake varies from person to person, so ask your primary care doctor if you aren't sure how much you should be drinking. In the meantime, here are some helpful suggestions on how you can incorporate more water into your daily routine.
- Infuse it - Add a little bit of flavor to your water by infusing it with fresh fruit, vegetable slices, and herbs
- Download an app - Download an app on your phone that tracks your water intake and reminds you to drink more
- Refill immediately - As soon as you drink all the water in your bottle or glass, fill it back up
- Start and end your day with water - Your first and last action of each day should be to drink a glass of water
Water Is Life
It's easy to see how important water is, but if you would like to learn more about how it can affect your overall well-being or how you can incorporate it into your life more, just head on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic. They have plenty of information and tips to share!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Huntingdon Valley, Pa.