Skip Neck Pain - Treat Your Neck Better
By Sandy Schroeder
Almost 21 million of us live with neck pain on a daily basis. If you are one of the unlucky ones, you may be gulping pain pills and using hot showers just to get by.
Finding better ways to solve neck pain could start with a visit to The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you. The Joint is staffed with licensed chiropractors who can help you find ways to solve the problem.
Starting with a spinal adjustment, your chiropractor will seek to fix any dysfunctions in your spine, which may result in far-reaching pain relief for your neck. At the same time you may feel more relaxed, more energetic and better focused.
Chiropractic wellness is unique to the individual. As you evaluate the results of your spinal adjustment you may want to schedule weekly 15-minute adjustments to monitor your neck and avoid any new developments.
Overall, your chiropractor’s goal will be to seek pain relief without using pain medications or surgery.
As your treatment evolves, you may find more ways to protect your neck, such as these tips.
- Avoid Fixed Positions – When you are working or relaxing at home, take breaks and move around to avoid trapping your neck in a strained position.
- Travel Carefully – Use neck pillows and avoid sitting under blasts of air conditioning. Also avoid neck strain as you lift, pull or push your luggage.
- Update Glasses – If you wear glasses and find yourself bending toward the screen to see, ask about computer glasses to replace reading glasses for computer work. Keep all eye prescriptions current.
- Make Screens Work for You – Make sure screens are as close to eye level as possible. Use headsets for phones and position tablets at an angle instead of bending over them.
- Mattress and Pillows – Make sure both give you good support and don’t use too many pillows, creating a sharp angle for the neck.
- Don’t Overdo It – Don’t put your neck or back at risk trying to move huge pieces of furniture. Get help.
If this sounds like a support system you could use, stop by The Joint clinic near you and find out how easy it is to get started. The Joint provides an affordable care program that eliminates the need for insurance. Clinic doors are open seven days a week, and no appointments are necessary. Evening hours are available and walk-in visits are welcome.