How Your Chiropractor Can Help Keep You Healthy This Holiday Season
As fall continues and winter creeps up on us, we can't help but notice the changing weather and the incoming holiday season. While everyone should enjoy themselves to fullest, it's important to take care of yourself. This holiday season, your chiropractor wants you to have the time of your life, so below are a just a few of the countless ways chiropractors at The Joint can help.
1. Stress management. It’s no secret the holidays can be stressful, there’s always something to worry about. Unfortunately, headaches, low back pain, neck pain, jaw pain, and stomach aches are only a few symptoms of stress. Fortunately, visiting your chiropractor can help relieve these symptoms by dealing with the negative effects of stress on your body so you can enjoy yourself, pain free!
2. More comfortable travel. Many people travel during the holidays- spending countless hours in traffic or at the airport and in a seated position. This may cause back and neck pain or joint discomfort. Sleeping in hotel beds or in upright positions can throw off your body's alignment leaving you with painful “kinks” in your neck and sore joints. Carrying suitcases and heavy bags just adds to the damage. Visiting your chiropractor can get your alignment in check and help rid muscle tension.
3. Immune System Support. With cold weather and increased human contact comes colds, flues, and a plethora of illness related symptoms. Because chiropractors help balance your nervous system, some added benefits include a boost in the immune system, lymph drainage and stronger lungs. On top of that, chiropractic care can also fight sinus infections and ear infections (even in children)!
4. Digestion Support. During the holidays, we tend to eat more desserts, heavier meals, and drink more alcoholic or sugary beverages. That being said, common side effects of “treating” ourselves include weight gain, bloating, constipation and heartburn. Luckily, chiropractors can aid in digestion support by bettering our nervous system function. Yes, your nervous system also affects the way you digest because it controls the nerves that go to our stomachs and intestines. Visit your chiropractor to promote normal bowel movements!
5. All Around Safety. Raking leaves, shoveling snow, setting up holiday lights, and activities like ice skating put people at risk for injury. It is important that while doing these things (and other physically dangerous activities), you pay extra attention to your safety. Regular check-ups with your chiropractor can ensure that all your joints and muscles, as well as your spinal alignment are where they need to be.
Stay healthy with the help of your local chiropractor this holiday season and start the New Year off right!