Relief From Allergies with Chiropractic Care
By Donna Stark
My daughter has horrible allergies, and unfortunately where we live, we don’t just have allergy seasons, we have allergies throughout the entire year. Every month, and sometimes every week if the wind picks up, her eyes, throat, and nose head into battle … and she doesn’t always end up victorious. She struggles to breathe and I know she isn’t the only one who suffers because I see so many others in the doctor’s office when she goes in for a visit. So many. Fortunately, she has been able to find some relief with her local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic, and if you suffer from allergies, so can you!
Stop Allergies, Naturally
It’s incredible how things we can’t even see can make us feel so poorly. Pollen, dander, dust … the outdoors, our pets, and our homes. Everything we love seems to be attacking us, doesn’t it? But there are some things you can do to help alleviate your allergies. Take a look.
- Wear a mask - No, not a Halloween mask … that would just be weird … but wearing a simple filter mask while doing your yard work, gardening, or dusting your home can prevent allergens from entering your nose.
- Take a shower at night - Pollen has a way of getting trapped in your hair throughout the day, especially if you use a lot of hair products. So take a shower and lather up! Wash away those allergens to prevent them from accumulating on your pillowcase.
- Clean your nose - Allergens love to hang out in your nose like bugs do to light, so keep it free and clear with a simple saline spray. Just rinse it clean and wash them away!
- Stop breathing dirty air - Get high-quality HEPA filters for your home vents and be sure to change them as recommended. You can also go one step further by getting your vents and ducts cleaned out periodically as well!
- Lose the carpet - Your feet may not like it in the morning, but hardwood or tile floors can greatly reduce the number of allergens in your home. Because no matter how often you vacuum your carpet, you simply cannot get all of the dust, dander, and pollen out of it.
- Get adjusted - Chiropractic adjustments can improve communications between the body’s nervous, immune, and respiratory systems. When signals between these major systems are working at their best, the body is able to perform its best, expelling foreign contaminants that enter the body and winning the battle against the allergens … all without needing to run to the drugstore for yet another bottle of allergy meds.
Chiropractic Care for Allergy Relief
So, if you are tired of taking pill after pill, head on in to The Joint Chiropractic for allergy relief! Chiropractic care is an all-natural approach to treating allergies that will get you back outdoors and loving life in no time at all. It couldn’t be any easier!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Houston, Tex.