Walking and Chiropractic Care for Healing
By Donna Stark
Are you an injured athlete? Have you needed to put a halt to most of your physical activity so your body can heal? If you have, you are not alone! Many people are in the same position as you and understandably, as soon as their doctors give them the OK to get moving again, they are ready to jump out of the gate. But it's important to control some of that enthusiasm when you are entering back into the world of fitness and you may want to consider taking it slow. And that's where two of my most favorite things come into play ... walking and chiropractic care!
Healing Your Body by Walking
If you are coming off an injury and you have your doctor's permission, you will want to get your body moving as much as you can. You can safely do this by walking. Take a look at some of the reasons why walking is a great option for you during this time.
- It's a low-impact exercise that is easy on your joints
- It helps strengthen your bones and muscles
- It improves your spine's stability
- It helps restore natural function to your joints and muscles
- It increases blood circulation
Healing Your Body With Chiropractic Care
Getting back into the swing of things shouldn't be rushed. After all, you don't want to reinjure yourself, but that doesn't mean there aren't ways to speed up that process. Take a look at how chiropractic care can safely and effectively help to heal your body and improve your mobility too.
- Treats the root cause of your pain
- Alleviates pain and discomfort
- Reduces inflammation, stress, and tension
- Removes joint restrictions and nerve interference
- Reestablishes a full range of motion and balance in the body
- Improves strength and coordination
- Increases blood circulation
- Restores optimal function to the nervous system
- Speeds the healing and recovery process
Get Adjusted Today
Routine chiropractic care is a safe and all-natural approach for the treatment of sports-related injuries. Chiropractic care avoids the use of prescription medications and invasive procedures so you can rest assured knowing that there won't be any hidden side effects or unnecessary risks heading your way in the future.
So, are you ready to get the healing process started? If so, take a walk into The Joint Chiropractic today! With more than 500 locations nationwide, convenient hours, and superb care, you will be able to get yourself moving and back in the game sooner than you imagined!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Houston, Tex.