Stay on Top of Your Neck Pain
By Donna Stark
You bought yourself a pair of glasses to block the blue light from your devices, you never skimp on athletic shoes, and you always wear a hat when you head outdoors for some sun. Most people would say that you are definitely on top of all the ways to protect your body from harm. But what are you doing for your neck? Yes, that's right. Your neck needs protection too! And if you aren't sure how to do so, you may need to come in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic for help.
Protecting Your Neck From Harm
Between looking at your computer screen all day to constantly checking your mobile phone to sleeping through the night, your neck is placed in all kinds of weird positions throughout the day. So, it's really no surprise when it starts to hurt. Take a look at how regular chiropractic adjustments can ease some of your discomfort.
- Reduces stress and inflammation
- Eases muscle tension and strain
- Promotes proper posture
- Improves range of motion and flexibility
- Restores joint function
- Soothes irritated nerves
- Speeds the healing and recovery process
Suggestions for Home Too
The chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic will also provide suggestions on how to incorporate healthier habits in your daily lifestyle that can help alleviate neck pain and increase mobility. Here are a few of their favorites.
- Pay attention to your posture - For every inch that your head moves forward, the strain on your neck muscles increases significantly, so keep your head in a neutral position and your chin parallel to the floor
- Create an ergonomic workspace - Invest in ergonomic furniture and equipment, and make sure all screens are at eye-level, including your phone
- Stretch every day - Be sure to stretch your neck and shoulders by slowly moving them through their full range of motion every day
- Be picky about your sleep position - Purchase a supportive mattress, make sure your pillow keeps your neck and spine aligned, and try to sleep on your side or back
Staying on Top of Your Pain
Keep in mind that there are many different reasons why your neck may be hurting and some of them could be serious, so it is very important to get an accurate diagnosis. Thankfully, the chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic know exactly what to look for and how to treat what they find. Come on in to see them today and start protecting your neck as much as you protect the other parts of your body. You have nothing to lose by doing so!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Houston, Tex.