Keeping Your Body in Motion With Chiropractic Care
By Donna Stark
You certainly don't want to spend your senior years sick or in pain, but if you don't exercise on a regular basis, that could very well be your future. Maintaining a routine fitness program as you age is critical to your overall health and wellness. In fact, older adults who spend the majority of their day sitting and not getting enough exercise are more likely to suffer from poor health, diminished mobility, and chronic diseases than those who live active lives. So if that's not how you pictured retirement to be, you have to live an active lifestyle, and if pain is getting in your way of accomplishing that, head on in to your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic today.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that exercise can seem nearly impossible when pain is present. And when your body doesn't move the way you want it to, it can be incredibly frustrating when you actually want to be active. So what can you do? Well, for starters, you can get adjusted! Here's how chiropractic care can help.
- Safe and all-natural - Chiropractic care is an approach that allows your body to heal itself naturally, free of medications and invasive procedures.
- Targets the source - Your symptoms will certainly be addressed, but your chiropractor's main focus will be on targeting and treating the source of your pain.
- Pain reduction - By properly aligning the spine, the stress that is placed upon your body will be lessened, pain can be reduced, and joint function may be restored.
- Improves the function of your body - Chiropractic care will improve your mobility by increasing your range of motion, flexibility, balance, and coordination.
You need to keep moving, which is why, in addition to chiropractic care, low-impact exercises are your best bet. Here are some ideas.
- Pilates - Pilates helps to strengthen your body's core and increases flexibility
- Swimming - Swimming is the perfect low-impact option for whole-body fitness
- Cycling - Whether indoors or out, cycling is a great way to build your endurance while being easy on your joints
- Tai chi - Tai chi helps to ease stiffness, improve range of motion, and increase balance and flexibility
- Everyday life stuff - Everyday life stuff, such as gardening, walking your dog, cleaning the house, and volunteering are perfect ways to stay in motion.
Creating an Active Lifestyle
Even though exercise gets harder as we age, we have to keep moving if we want an active and independent lifestyle. So head on in to your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic today. With more than 450 locations nationwide, extended hours, and no appointment or referral necessary, it couldn't be any easier to find the relief that will keep you moving well into your golden years.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Houston, Tex.