Chiropractic Care Can Help Fibromyalgia
By Donna Stark
How many times have you tried to pay for something at a store's register and the credit card machine has problems processing your payment? It either doesn't read your card the right way or it misses certain signals. A little frustrating, isn't it? It is hard to understand why things just don't work as they should, but it is especially difficult when those things concern the health of your body. For many people, there are times when the body acts like that credit card machine ... when the brain starts to have problems processing the body's communication signals correctly. It's a hard diagnosis to hear, but if fibromyalgia has become a part of your life, you don't need to face it alone. Your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic is here to help.
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition that is extremely difficult to diagnose. Researchers believe it is a condition that amplifies the sensations of pain by affecting the way your brain processes those signals. The symptoms that accompany it can range from mild to severe. Take a look.
- Widespread pain
- Stiff joints and muscles in the morning
- Sleep issues
- Tingling and numbness in the hands and feet
- Restless leg syndrome
- Sensitivity to cold or heat
- Difficulties with memory and concentration
- Depression and anxiety
- Mood swings
Chiropractic Care can Help!
Although there is no cure for it, there are some natural ways to effectively treat fibromyalgia. Let's take a look.
- Exercise - Exercise is an important component of any fibromyalgia treatment plan. When a patient is in pain and stops moving, they can lose a lot of their muscle tone which may actually exacerbate their condition. Walking, stretching, and aquatic exercises are perfect examples of what to incorporate into your daily routine if you suffer from fibromyalgia.
- Diet - Aim for a well-balanced diet that includes fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, and lean proteins. Also, choose foods that will naturally give you energy since fibromyalgia typically causes a patient to feel tired and worn out.
- Chiropractic Care - The chiropractic adjustments that your chiropractor provides will help to realign your body and restore the connection between the nervous system and the brain. They essentially reset the nervous system so that the brain can process pain signals more accurately. Chiropractic care can also help to stabilize other symptoms, such as sleep patterns, mood swings, headaches, and joint pain.
Quality of Life Improved
Chiropractic treatments have been shown to be very successful in treating patients that suffer from fibromyalgia. In fact, many experience a significant decrease in neck, back, and leg pain after just one visit. But you don't want to stop with just one visit! Seeing your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic regularly will ensure that the relief you find continues. So head on in! With more than 425 locations nationwide, no appointment or referral needed, and convenient hours, it couldn't be any easier to find that missing connection!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in The Woodlands, Tex.