Reaching Your Health Goals With Chiropractic Care
By Donna Stark
One of the biggest myths about chiropractic care is that once you start, you have to continue going for the rest of your life to feel your best. And although routine chiropractic care is a great way to maintain optimal health and wellness, the "rest of your life" can seem pretty extreme. The truth is, everyone is different and everyone has their own unique issues to battle against, which is why you can count on having a customized treatment plan created just for you. Your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic will recommend the perfect number of adjustments that your body needs to restore its health, reduce your pain, and ultimately, reach all of your health goals.
The Three Rs
Restoring your health, reducing your pain, and reaching your goals are certainly things worth fighting for and chiropractic adjustments are the way to achieve that! However, there are some behaviors you can focus on the outside of your chiropractor's office to help your treatments last longer and to reach your health and fitness goals faster. Take a look.
- Drink water - Consuming the recommended amount of water every day helps your body get rid of any toxins that were released during your chiropractic adjustment. Water also helps fight fatigue, headache pain, and tight muscles, so drink up!
- Stay committed - Your local chiropractor may recommend appointments closer together in the beginning so that the root of the problem can be treated as quickly as possible. Once your body begins to show signs of improvement, the frequency of those visits is generally reduced. It's important though, to stay committed to the treatment plan your chiropractor suggests to get all of the results you want.
- Keep moving - Staying physically active is essential for improved health and will help you find success with your chiropractic treatments. In addition to maintaining the function of your joints and muscles, physical activity also helps to keep your spine in proper alignment.
- Maintain correct posture - Be intentional with how you hold and carry your body throughout the day. Focus on the correct posture while sitting, standing, and lifting. If possible, change your desk setup at work and invest in a new mattress if one is needed.
- Get plenty of rest - In addition to being able to rest and recover from the long day you just had, sleep is also the time your body is able to heal, so make it a priority. Design your bedroom so that you can sleep with little to no distraction and try to go to bed at the same time every night.
Chiropractic Care and You
It's easy to achieve the three Rs when you add chiropractic care to your healthy lifestyle, so come on in to The Joint Chiropractic today! With more than 475 locations nationwide and daily hours (hello weekend visits!), it couldn't be any easier to do so!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in The Woodlands, Tex.