Finding Beauty When Suffering From Sciatica
By Donna Stark
Sciatica. It may have its roots in Latin and it may sound really pretty as it rolls off your tongue, but I can guarantee there aren't too many people who associate it with beauty. In fact, most of the people who use that word probably link it to all things ugly, like pain, discomfort, fear, and worry. But guess what? Sciatica doesn't mean that the beauty in your life is gone forever. It just means that beauty needs to be found and you can find it by seeing your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic.
What is Sciatica?
Don't confuse your typical low back pain with sciatica because they are two completely different things. Low back pain is usually caused by a strain or injury to the structures that support the spine and it generally keeps itself in that area of the body. But when you have pain that radiates down the sciatic nerve, through the backside, and down your leg, well ... that's when it turns into something different and that's when the ugliness rears its head. Let's take a quick look at some not-so-fun sciatica facts.
- Sciatica is the inflammation or irritation of the sciatic nerve
- Sciatica can cause pain in the lower back, hip, and leg
- Symptoms can also include weakness, numbness, burning, and tingling sensations
- You may have difficulty sitting, standing up, or moving the affected leg
- You may experience unwanted side effects from prescription painkillers and muscle relaxants
- There is the potential for serious medical issues if the source of the problem is not addressed
How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
Suffering from pain and dealing with the side-effects that accompany many of the prescriptions in your medicine cabinet doesn't sound like the best option out there, does it? It also doesn't sound very beautiful, so why don't you give chiropractic care a try? Here's how it can help.
- Places the spine in its proper alignment
- Removes the pressure that is placed on the sciatic nerve
- Decreases inflammation
- Alleviates pain and discomfort
- Improves circulation
- Encourages the body to heal itself naturally
Finding the Beauty in Life
Don't let sciatica steal the beauty from your life. With more than 500 locations to choose from, convenient hours, and no appointments required, The Joint Chiropractic couldn't have made it any easier to improve the quality of your life and to find the relief your body has been screaming for. And although I don't know what the Latin word for that would be, it sure does sound like a beautiful thing, doesn't it?
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in The Woodlands, Tex.