Osteoarthritis Pain? Chiropractic Care Can Help
By Donna Stark
There are many factors that play a role in our overall health and wellness and one important factor that, unfortunately, few consider is the health of the body's joints. Healthy joints keep us mobile. They allow us to move, bend, and twist so we can walk, run, and dance. They afford us the opportunity to spend precious time with loved ones and give us the means to cook and take care of ourselves. But when arthritis steps into the picture, those everyday movements can easily become painful burdens and that special time with family can suddenly become non-existent.
What Is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is a painful condition of the joints. It occurs when the cartilage surrounding the bones breaks down and causes the bones in the joint to rub together. It generally affects the spine, hips, hands, and knees, but it can happen in other joints as well. There are several things you can do to minimize the pain of osteoarthritis and keep it from getting worse, but your best bet is to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic. Before we talk about chiropractic care though, let's first take a look at the symptoms of osteoarthritis. Here they are.
- Pain - You may feel a dull ache, a sharp pain, or a burning sensation in your joints
- Stiffness - Getting up in the morning or after sitting for extended periods of time may be difficult
- Muscle weakness - The muscles around the joint may lose strength and become weaker
- Noises - Your joints may start to make crunching, cracking, or creaking sounds
- Limited motion - As your arthritis gets worse, you may lose some, if not all, of your mobility in the joint
- Decrease range of motion - You may be limited with how well you can bend, flex, or extend your joints
- Deformity - If severe enough, the joints may begin to look deformed
How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
Routine chiropractic care at The Joint Chiropractic can help alleviate the pain caused by arthritis as well as reduce the risk of further damage. Here's how.
- Reduces pain and discomfort
- Releases muscle tension and stiffness
- Restores joint mobility, stability, and function
- Encourages proper alignment in the body
- Improves balance, range of motion, and flexibility
- Decreases the risk of future degeneration in the joint
- Maintains the health of spinal joints and discs
Your Best Bet
In addition to treating your arthritis pain issues safely and naturally, chiropractic care can also improve your overall health and wellness too! So come on in today! With more than 500 locations nationwide, daily hours, and no appointments required, your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic couldn't have made it any easier to find the relief you are looking for and to get back to the life you have always dreamed of!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in The Woodlands, Tex.