Don't Let Pain Vacation in Your Hips
By Donna Stark
You might be feeling that pain and stiffness caused by inflammation in your spine right now, but don't think it can't work its way around to the other joints in your body too! Inflammation likes to travel. In fact, it likes to travel so much that it may as well have its very own passport! The bad news is that if it decides to vacation in your hips for a bit, you're going to have a tough time ahead of you, but the good news is that there are many things you can do to reduce the risk of hip pain and stiffness!
Your hips play a crucial role in most of the movements your body makes each day, which is why it is so important to tackle the pain and stiffness caused by inflammation as soon as you can! Here are some strategies that can help maintain the health of your hips and the quality of your life. Take a look.
- See your local chiropractor - Your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic can help pinpoint and target the source of your pain. With gentle, yet effective chiropractic adjustments, you can look forward to improved joint function and reduced pain and stiffness.
- Try some heat - Heating pads, hot showers, and warm baths have been shown to increase circulation which can help alleviate both pain and stiffness in the body. So get comfortable and treat yourself to some heat!
- Use a foam roller - If you aren't so sure about investing in a foam roller right away, just head to your local gym and try the ones there! You can find them near the floor exercise area and you can always ask a trainer to show you how to use them correctly!
- Stretch daily - Before you start your day, get some stretches in! Following a morning stretching routine is a great way to reduce your pain and stiffness, and start your day off on the right foot! Ask your local chiropractor or trainer at the gym for some good stretching suggestions.
- Exercise - Exercising every day for at least 30 minutes can help improve the function and strength of your hips. Your local gym is good for this too because there are plenty of machines that target the inner and outer thighs, both of which help to support the hip joints. And if you need more ideas, just ask the trainer!
Revoking Pain's Passport
Although travel is one of the best gifts you can give, it's time to limit the movements that your pain is used to and revoke its passport! And seriously, don't worry about doing that. Nobody in their right mind will question you doing so!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Farmington, Utah.