Don't Wait For an Injury to Think About Joint Health
By Donna Stark
Barring any injuries, you might think that joint health is something you only need to worry about later in life. But that’s not true. Joint health should be on everyone’s mind … from those who are sedentary to those who are only a little bit active to those who are full-blown tri-athletes. Because no matter what your physical activity level is, poor joint health can have a major impact on your quality of life at any given moment.
Rethink Your Mindset About Joint Health with Chiropractic
Being active is one of the main things you can do to protect your joints, but it is often not enough on its own. That’s why it’s important for people of all ages to change their mindset about joint health and consider other preventative measures as well. One such measure that has tremendous benefits for the health of your joints is to see a chiropractor regularly. If there is something wrong with the structure of a joint, then it can’t work as it was designed. Your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic will provide treatments that maximize the function of that joint so that you can have the kind of life you want.
Rethinking Your Diet
Your diet is another preventative measure as well and plays an important role in maintaining healthy joints. Here are some suggestions on what foods you can add to your diet to help prevent future joint problems.
- Fortified milk - Milk that has been fortified with Vitamin D is a great way to start preventing joint issues because it increases the absorption of calcium, which is an important mineral for joint health.
- Pineapple - The core of a pineapple has an anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling agent that is great for your body and your joints.
- Fatty fish - Omega-3 fatty acids are excellent anti-inflammatory agents and you can find them in fish, such as salmon and sardines.
- Produce - Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of antioxidants and fiber. They can help to reduce inflammation while also promoting a healthy weight, which is important because obesity is a major risk factor for joint disorders.
- Turmeric - Turmeric has amazing anti-inflammatory benefits and can provide similar relief to what is found in pain reliever medications.
- Nuts - You can find omega-3s in walnuts, oleic acid in macadamias and almonds, and antioxidants in nearly every other kind of nut. All of these are key ingredients in helping the body fight inflammation.
A healthy diet rich in nutrients, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory agents will help promote optimal joint function while keeping you on the path of good health as well. And if you do find that you are struggling with joint issues, come on in to The Joint Chiropractic. With more than 400 locations nationwide, we’re right around the corner.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Bellevue, Wash.