3 Tips for Better Sleep
By Donna Stark
Have your loved ones and coworkers been steering clear of you lately? Have you lost your cool more times that you can remember? It's important to remember that quality sleep isn't only for beauty, it's also for your general well-being and a positive attitude! If you struggle with getting the recommended amount of sleep each night and would like to know how to achieve better rest, keep reading. Your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic have put together a list of their favorite suggestions.
Commit to a Routine
Establishing a bedtime routine and sticking to it is one of the best ways to get the quality of your sleep under control. Encourage yourself to hit the sack at night and hop out of bed in the morning at the same time every day, including over the weekends. It's also important to include some healthy habits into your routine. Here are a few to consider.
- Step away from your electronic devices at least an hour before bed
- Find something to do that will promote relaxation (reading, journaling, taking a bath)
- Drink one last glass of water for the day and give your body a good stretch
Design a Sanctuary for Optimal Rest
Environment plays an important role in how well you will be able to sleep, so give your room a good lookover. Does your bed serve double duty as your laundry station? Do the street lights shine through the window? With just a few minor changes, you can enjoy your dreams so much more. Check out a few simple tips below.
- Keep your room dark and cool
- Drown any outside noise with a fan or white noise machine
- Try aromatherapy (lavender is a great essential oil for sleep)
- Clear out the clutter
- Remove all electronics (computer, TV, video game console)
- Invest in a quality mattress and pillow set that supports your body
Visit The Joint Chiropractic
By supporting proper alignment and reducing pain, muscle tension, and joint dysfunction, the adjustments your chiropractor provides can do wonders for the quality of your sleep. Come on in for a visit today and take care of those nighttime disruptions once and for all.
Getting the Perfect Night of Rest
It's been shown that with just a few simple modifications to your nightly routine and regular chiropractic adjustments, you can achieve better sleep over time. And better sleep means better days will be heading your way in no time!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Glendale, Ariz.