7 Ways to Help Your Body Detoxify Naturally
By Alexis Mills
In order to support the body's natural detoxification process, do what you can to help yourself get healthy and reduce your risk of disease. As you read the below tips, you might realize that assisting your body in its detoxification process is a lot simpler than you expected. Becoming your healthiest self is an ongoing process and these tips will help you get there.
- Eat the right foods - Feeding and fueling your body with whole foods such as vegetables, garlic, protein, healthy fats and berries will all help your body detox. When feasible, buy the highest quality of plant and meat options to nourish your body; try to eat the best of the best.
- Go to a chiropractor - Receiving chiropractic adjustments impact the nervous system, which controls the detoxification pathways to help your body perform at its best. A chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic can also aid you in making a customized detox program for you.
- Support your immune system - Do your best to make sure your immune system is working at its best to fight off any bacteria or infection in your body. Minimizing stress, eating healthy food, getting enough sleep, and exercising regularly will support optimal immunity.
- Drink water - Though the water does not technically get rid of the toxins, the water does help your kidneys do their job in getting rid of what does not serve your body best. Make sure you are also drinking filtered water, so you aren't adding more bacteria to your body.
- Sweat it out - When the body is having a hard time keeping up with detoxing, it resorts to trying to sweat it out. By you putting in the effort at the gym, whether it's cardio or hot yoga, it will help the body burn fat and get out toxins out more efficiently.
- Improve your gut health - Improving and resetting your gut will prevent you from having a leaky gut, which brings toxins from the gut and spreads it through blood. Feed yourself digestive supporting foods, such as fermented foods, high-fiber foods, garlic, onion, and bone broth. Talk to your chiropractor or other health care provider if you are suspicious of having a leaky gut or other digestive issues.
- Get consistent, good sleep - By getting enough sleep on a consistent basis you are giving your brain the time it needs to detox. Known as the glymphatic system, it is responsible for clearing toxins from the brain and preventing neurological diseases.
To learn more about your health, wellness and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Rocklin, Calif.