Helping Your Child Survive Their Growing Pains
By Donna Stark
The bad news is that most children will experience growing pains at some point or another in their lifetime. The good news is that it means they are growing and will generally be fine. But the better news is that they don't have to go through the process alone! If your children are complaining of aches, soreness, or throbbing pain in their legs, bring them in to see the chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic. Routine chiropractic care can help them get through it!
Chiropractic Care Is the Safe and Natural Solution
As parents, we all want our children to grow up safe, healthy, and happy, but that doesn't mean there won't be some minor bumps along the journey. And growing pains is one of those bumps. Take a look at how the all-natural chiropractic approach is the way to go to reduce the pain your children may be experiencing.
- Restores function - Chiropractic care restores optimal function to the body's nervous system and soothes irritated nerves, which can have a significant effect on the frequency and severity of pain.
- Corrects alignment - Proper alignment helps to release muscle tension and reduce inflammation, which can help decrease the risk of pain in the body.
- Encourages good posture - Regular chiropractic adjustments encourage proper posture and support an active lifestyle which is important because excessive sitting and poor posture can make growing pains worse.
- Improves sleep - Chiropractic adjustments help the body's muscles relax and remove nighttime disruptions (growing pains will often strike in the evening and throughout the night). Your children may be able to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
- Promotes natural healing - If you don't like the idea of giving your children over-the-counter or prescription painkillers, chiropractic care is your answer! By avoiding the use of these medications, your children's bodies will be encouraged to heal on their own.
- Provides helpful tips - In addition to the benefits your children will receive from chiropractic adjustments, your local chiropractor will also provide your family with helpful tips and advice on the types of stretches and exercises to engage in.
Surviving Their Growing Pains
Even though growing pains are common and there is no danger from them, you certainly don't want your children to suffer. So bring them in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic and help them get the relief they deserve. Routine chiropractic care is a natural, safe, and effective way to minimize the pain and improve their overall health and wellness!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in San Diego, Calif.