Is Your Pain a Literal Pain in the Neck?
By Debra Rodzinak
We all have had neck pain at some point in our lives. Sleeping wrong, sitting for too long in one position, injuries like whiplash, head banging too hard (yes, I will claim this one), or poor posture are all possibilities for neck pain. But what if your neck pain is constant and not related to any of these reasons? The reason could be a common musculoskeletal disorder.
In a comparison of almost 100 patients, an MRI revealed that those who had neck pain for over six months had cervical measurements that were abnormal. Therefore, they concluded that neck pain of this type can be identified by measuring the first spinal joint. Females had a narrowing rib cage and males had a forward tilt in the first set of ribs near the neck. It is unclear exactly why patients who have this anomaly are susceptible to neck pain.
In another study, neck pain was found to negatively affect physical health. For patients who suffered for more than six months with neck pain, the study found that this pain was a likely contributor to future poor physical health. The quality of life in patients who continually suffer with neck pain is lessened.
There are many advantages for choosing The Joint to treat your neck and back pain.
- No insurance forms to fill out - The Joint does not accept insurance, but many times our visits are cheaper than insurance copays.
- Extended hours - The Joint is open late on weekdays and on the weekends, unlike many doctor’s offices.
- All natural therapy - Chiropractic therapy uses all natural, gentle adjustments for pain relief and management.
- Dedicated professionals - The expert chiropractors at The Joint are dedicated to provide you with every level of care to ensure you find relief from your neck, back, and joint pain.
- Patient control - The Joint believes in putting the patient in charge of their own plan of care. With guidance by our expert chiropractors, you decide which plan of action is best for your particular problem.
So, if you are bothered by neck pain that never seems to go away, consult your doctor first. Then, come to The Joint for a consultation, evaluation, and adjustment. With many different packages to choose from, The Joint offers a cost-effective solution to your neck pain and stiffness. Drop by The Joint today and begin your drug-free journey to a pain free life.