Arrive at Your Destination with Beautiful Skin
By Donna Stark
For someone constantly on the go, I know how rough air travel can be. Traveling is often filled with beautiful destinations, new experiences, and story-worthy adventures. But at the same time, it can also cause stress, lack of sleep, poor nutrition, and dull skin. It’s not any fun to get off a plane and have your loved ones exclaim how tired you look. So instead, plan on arriving at your destination looking just as pretty as it does and feeling as fresh as you can possibly be.
Skin Wellness During Travel
It’s pretty easy to pump up your skin’s wellness while you’re flying above the clouds. In fact, before you board your next flight, you may want to take some simple precautions to keep your skin glowing throughout your entire trip. Let’s look at a few here.
- Travel makeup-free - Makeup naturally grabs onto dirt and other environmental toxins that can cause the skin to break down
- Drink plenty of water - The air in an airplane is particularly drying to your skin, so be sure to drink the recommended amounts of water before you leave for your trip and bring some extra water with you on your flight
- Add extra moisture to your skin - Invest in a high-quality moisturizer that provides natural vitamins and SPF to apply before and during your travels
- Add an extra layer of protection with sleep - Get the best sleep you can with sleep masks and ear plugs and wake up without those dreaded puffy eyes
- Remember your nasal passages - The skin inside your nose is prone to dryness, so don’t forget your nasal sprays too
- Eat your water - Add one extra layer of hydration by packing your own water-rich foods such as watermelon, celery, cucumbers, and strawberries
- Stress less - Remember to stay calm and be positive while flying because too much stress can significantly impact your skin, causing redness, blotchiness, and breakouts
Beautiful Skin for Your Beautiful Destination
Travel can be hard on you and your skin, but maintaining proper skincare while you are in the air can make all the difference in the world, and you can arrive at your destination looking your best. Although you may feel the strain of constantly being on the move and running from one terminal to the next, your healthy-looking skin won’t show a trace of that. So don’t worry! You will be able to collect your bags and exit the airport appearing radiant, looking youthful, and feeling completely rested and rejuvenated.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Temecula, Calif.