Back Pain ... A Thing of the Past
By Donna Stark
Back pain, especially low back pain, is a constant aggravation for so many people in this country, and it’s no surprise that there can be multiple causes of it. With so many different parts coming together to form one of the body’s most complex structures, injuries, pain, and discomfort can be a fairly common problem. Back pain can result from “outside stressors” such as improper lifting, poor posture, carrying extra weight, or athletic injuries. It can also come from health issues inside of your body, such as arthritis, osteoporosis, and degenerative disc disease.
Back Pain Facts
Back pain is one of the leading causes of disability, missed work days, and doctor visits for millions of people every year. It can be separated into two main categories of pain, acute and chronic. Acute back pain comes on quickly and typically lasts no longer than six weeks, while chronic pain generally lasts longer than three months. Anyone can experience back pain and unfortunately, most of the population will at some point in their lives.
Chiropractic Care to the Rescue
Although chiropractors can treat a wide range of health issues, it seems that they have become well-known for being the “back pain doctors.” It’s part of a reputation that people count on since so many suffer from back pain every year. Chiropractic care for back pain includes a wide range of individualized treatments that offer the patient tremendous benefits. Let’s take a look at a few of them.
- Safe and effective - Chiropractic care is an all-natural approach to back pain that is free of drugs and invasive treatments
- Treats more than symptoms - Chiropractic care treats more than just the symptoms of pain, it focuses on the underlying cause of the problem
- Promotes greater mobility - Chiropractic care improves the flexibility, balance, and range of motion of the patient
- Improved posture - Chiropractic care helps to improve posture, which can be a major contributor to low-back pain
- Removes joint restrictions - Chiropractic care removes joint restrictions in the spine, which often cause tension, inflammation, stiffness, and pain.
Don’t Forget a Healthy Lifestyle
Your chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic may also suggest lifestyle changes you can make to help prevent back pain from returning. These may include the following:
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Avoiding prolonged sitting
- Drinking plenty of water
By establishing regular visits with your local chiropractor and receiving the highest quality of care, back pain and discomfort should be a thing of the past. So come on in today! The Joint Chiropractic has more than 400 locations nationwide and you don’t even need to make an appointment … it couldn’t be any easier.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in West Sacramento, Calif.