What Should You Wear to Work Out?
By Sara Butler
Are you wondering what on earth you should wear when you are working out? If so, you’re not alone. There are a lot of choices out there to suit your tastes, but it’s important to know the basics about what fitness fashion should do for you. Here’s how to choose the right workout clothes and shoes to help you on your way to better health and fitness!
Choosing Your Outfit
When it comes time to choose your workout clothes, keep these things in mind:
- Don’t go too tight – Workout clothes need to be loose enough to let you move freely. Plus, if you want to stay cool, then you air needs to reach our skin to dry your sweat off your skin.
- Choose the right color – When it’s warm outside, you should choose light-colored clothing to stay cool. When it’s cold, dark colors will work best to help you stay warm.
- Wear layers in the cold – As you warm up you can always remove layers, but start out with enough clothes on to keep you warm when it’s cold outside.
- Use sun protection – When you’re exercising outside you can’t forget to protect your skin from the sun. Wear a hat and don’t forget the sunscreen.
- Choose good fabric – When you sweat it’s best to wear materials that will soak up moisture, such as cotton or more advanced materials that dry faster, such as polypropylene.
You need the right shoes for the right workout outfit too! When it comes to your shoes, you should try to find a pair that:
- Protect your feet – Shoes you choose should have cushioned soles and be sturdy enough to protect your feet. Proper arch support is also important to keep your feet healthy.
- Is right for the activity- There’s a reason they make shoes for walking, running, and cross training – because different activities call for different kinds of support. Make sure you’re choosing the right shoes for the right activity.
- Fits right – You may be buying the wrong size shoe. Have a salesperson measure your feet and then check the fit of your shoes in order to make sure you’ve got it right. The wrong fit can cause foot issues. Also, shoe shop at the end of the day when you’re feet are the biggest.
Part of being healthy is knowing how to dress for the part. With these suggestions, you'll come out on top!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Woodbury, Minn.