Get Inspired with These Fitness Tips!
By Sara Butler
Staying motivated to work out can be a big struggle for a lot of people. If you do the same thing over and over again it can get old really quickly. The answer to this fitness funk is you have to change it up! You don’t have to make your workout a chore; instead, you can make it something you look forward to doing every day. Here are a few fitness tips to help you stay motivated and inspired!
Getting to the gym or out the door is at least half the fitness battle! You can keep yourself motivated with these pick-me-ups when you feel like skipping your workout:
- Write it down – Sit down at the beginning of the week and write out what your plans for the week are. You should put it someplace you’ll be sure to see it every day, like by your bathroom mirror.
- Visualize – You should create a visual representation of your goals. It can be a picture or a jar of pennies, you put one into it every day when you complete your workout.
- Inspire yourself – Find a quote you feel embodies your health and fitness goals and write it out to hang in a place you’ll see it every day. The dashboard of your car or on the refrigerator is good options!
Make a Change
You can’t do the same thing every day and expect yourself to be excited about it. Every person in the world would eventually get bored with that! You need to switch up your workouts periodically in order to stay motivated. You can keep your routine fresh by:
- Getting a trainer – Hiring a professional to show you some new moves is never a bad idea. You don’t have to make a long-term commitment to a trainer, just sign up for a few sessions!
- Taking a class – Try a new group exercise class, you might fall in love with something new and stay motivated by the people around you.
- Downloading a new playlist – Music really helps you to feel motivated, so add some new songs to your workout playlist for a small change that can make a big difference!
- Going with the seasons – When it’s warmer out, try some new outdoor sports such as tennis. When it gets colder, strap on some snowshoes and go cross-country skiing or find an indoor rock-climbing facility.
You have to make changes in order to stay motivated, and these are some easy ways to do it!