Chiropractic Care for Athletes
By Donna Stark
It isn't easy being an athlete. In addition to the hours of training and practice you put in each week, you also have to contend with pulled muscles, sprained body parts, and widespread joint pain. Sure, all of that bad stuff comes with the package of being an athlete and the glory of being crowned the winner, but don't you just wish you had a year, a month, or even a week of pain-free activity? Well, I won't go as far as to guarantee that for you, but I will let you in on a little secret. Routine chiropractic care can help with those painful days and it may even reduce the risk of injury to your body!
Chiropractic Care for the Athlete
Nearly every type of athletic injury can be evaluated and treated by your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic, but wouldn't you agree that prevention is a better reason for chiropractic care? Take a look at how chiropractic care can reduce your risk of injury.
- Places the spine in proper alignment so your body can function at its best
- Improves range of motion, flexibility, balance, and coordination
- Increases joint mobility and function
- Improves muscle function and increases strength
- Reduces stress and strain on the body's joints
- Improves circulation
- Reduces fatigue by encouraging quality sleep
- Improves posture and eases tension in the body
- Shortens the healing process for present injuries and reduces the risk for future ones
In addition to chiropractic care, there are also some things you can do on your own that will keep you healthy and reduce your risk of injury. Here are a few suggestions.
- Warm up - Light stretches and some gentle movements before you start a practice or a game will get your blood flowing, lengthen your muscles, and reduce the risk of getting hurt
- Proper technique - Be sure that you know how to use the proper technique while performing your specific exercise or sport
- Correct skill level - Always try to stay within your own skill level and avoid pushing yourself beyond realistic abilities
- Cool down - Cooling down after your session or game is just as important as the warm-up, so take a few extra minutes and stretch before you head home
Staying in the Game
So what are you waiting for? Head on in to The Joint Chiropractic today! After all, prevention is key if you want to be able to stay in the game, and if pain does end up showing its face, you're still going to be at the right place. The sooner you start seeing your local chiropractor, the quicker you will be able to build that strong foundation of optimal health and fitness! And with more than 450 locations nationwide, extended hours, and no appointment or referral required, The Joint Chiropractic makes it easy to be the kind of athlete you have always dreamed of!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Gilbert, Ariz.