Tips for a Healthier Business Trip
By Donna Stark
If you travel a lot for business, you know that the good can oftentimes be mixed with the bad. The good includes the work that gets accomplished, the wonderful people you meet, and the incredible locations you get to visit, while the bad includes those long, uncomfortable hours getting to your destination, the extra germs you pick up, and the difficulties you face staying on track with all of your health and fitness goals. Fortunately, with a little planning and a quick visit to The Joint Chiropractic, you can create the perfect trip away from home so that the good things will always outnumber the bad.
Traveling on a Plane
There are several things you can do to make your plane travels easier on the body. Take a look at the following suggestions.
- Boost your immunity and align your body with a visit to your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic
- Choose an aisle, bulkhead, or emergency row seat whenever possible
- Purchase a bottle of water and some healthy snacks before you board the plane
- Get up to stretch and move at least every hour during the flight (be sure it is safe to do so first, though)
- Wear a medical mask during the flight to reduce your risk of getting sick
- Wipe down your tray table and armrests with an antibacterial wipe before you use them
- Invest in a good travel pillow
Traveling in a Car
Although you have more control when you travel by car, it can still be a long and uncomfortable process to get to your destination. Here are some ideas on how to enjoy your drive more.
- Get a chiropractic adjustment to reduce the stress and tension in your body
- Invest in a good lumbar support
- Save money and purchase your water and healthy snacks at home instead of the convenience marts
- Keep everything you may need within reach of the driver's seat (food, water, tissues, and phone)
- Make sure your seat is adjusted to a comfortable position
- Get out to stretch or walk every hour or so
Traveling on the path to Optimal Health and Wellness
Don't forget, you still want to stay on track with all of your health and fitness goals while away, so plan on sticking to your personal commitments! Check out these simple tips.
- Remember to pack all of your medications, vitamins, and supplements
- Be sure to bring your workout clothes and running shoes
- Select a hotel that provides plenty of fitness amenities
- Book a room with a small kitchen so you can prepare your own healthy snacks and meals
- Make wise choices when dining out
Creating the Perfect Trip
Don't forget, The Joint Chiropractic has more than 500 locations nationwide, so no matter where you go, chances are there will be one right around the corner. And with their hassle-free visits, it couldn't be any easier to maintain good health and alleviate those travel pains while you are away from home!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Gilbert, Ariz.