Why Your Neck May Be Hurting
By Donna Stark
Do you find yourself asking why your neck is sore all the time? Well, you are not alone! With our reliance on handheld devices and an increase of jobs requiring work on a computer, many people around the country are asking that very same question as you. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to help reduce that pain and soreness you feel, but before we go over them, let's take a look at what can cause neck pain in the first place.
Why Your Neck Hurts
Your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic see a lot during their days and patients living with neck pain top the list. Here are some of the most common reasons why they are experiencing neck pain and discomfort.
- Improper posture when using electronic devices
- Poor posture while sitting, standing, and walking
- Unsupportive mattresses and pillows
- Lifting and carrying heavy bags or other items
- Sports injuries
- Excessive stress or anxiety
Things You Can Do
Now that you know why your neck might be hurting, let's take a look at some of the steps you can take to help your body heal itself naturally.
- Pay attention to posture - When you notice your shoulders and head starting to move forward, pull them back and readjust. Sit tall, stand tall, and walk like you own the place.
- Lighten the load - Stop carrying those heavy bags on your shoulder! Lighten your load as much as possible and switch shoulders as often as you can to reduce the risk of stress and strain on your neck muscles.
- Invest in a good mattress - Mattresses typically last for about eight years but that doesn't mean you need to wait that long if it has lost its support. Head to the stores and invest in a new one.
- Warm up and stretch - Before you go head-to-head in a friendly game of competition, don't just warm up and stretch your legs and arms. Your back and neck can benefit from those stretches too.
- Reduce stress - Stress can cause your muscles to become incredibly tense, so try to reduce as much of it from your daily routine as possible. And if you can't, learn how to manage it better with effective stress management skills.
- Get adjusted - The safe, effective, and all-natural adjustments your local chiropractors provide can help alleviate your pain by easing muscle tension, encouraging proper alignment, removing joint dysfunction, and restoring mobility.
Come in Today!
If that pain in your neck is becoming too big of a distraction, go ahead and make the necessary changes in your life, and then come on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic. It's time to kiss that neck pain goodbye!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Gilbert, Ariz.