Pinched Nerves Are a Pain!
By Donna Stark
Unless you are cooking and are tossing in a pinch of your favorite seasoning, the word "pinch" probably doesn't bring a smile to your face very often. In fact, it's more likely to make you think of something that hurts, doesn't it? And when it comes to chiropractic care, the first thing to come to your mind is probably going to be pinched nerves. Hopefully, you have never had to deal with a pinched nerve of your own, but just in case your luck runs out, your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic want you to know they are here to help!
Pinched Nerves Are a Pain!
A pinched nerve is generally caused by too much pressure from the surrounding tissue. This pressure can irritate the nerve, impede its ability to function at an optimal level, and cause permanent damage if left untreated. The most common places in the body that this occurs are the back, neck, and wrist. Take a look at some of the symptoms below.
- Pain that is sharp, aching, or burning
- Decreased sensation/numbness
- Tingling sensation
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle spasms
- Decreased range of motion
Chiropractic Care for Pinched Nerves
Routine chiropractic care can be beneficial for those who are suffering from symptoms of a pinched nerve and those who are simply trying to reduce their risk of getting one in the first place. Take a look at how regular adjustments can help everyone.
- Alleviates pain and discomfort
- Places the body's joints in proper alignment
- Supports a healthy spine
- Removes joint dysfunction and nerve interference
- Relieves pressure placed on the nerve
- Soothes irritated nerves
- Eases muscle tension, stiffness, and strain
- Improves range of motion
Things You Can Do Too!
In addition to establishing routine chiropractic care, there are several other things you can do to ease the pain and reduce the risk of pinched nerves in the future. Here are some great suggestions that are easy to incorporate into your daily routines.
- Be mindful of your body positions
- Maintain correct posture while sitting and standing
- Invest in a mattress and pillow set that offers good support for your neck and back
- Keep both feet squarely on the floor when sitting (avoid crossing your legs)
- Take care if engaging in repetitive motions at school, work, or play
- Design a healthy and ergonomic environment at work and home
- Take frequent breaks throughout your day
A Pinch of This, A Pinch of That
Keep the pinches in the kitchen and the pain out of your days. Follow the tips above and see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic regularly for optimal health and wellness!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Phoenix, Ariz.