Your Immune System Loves Chiropractic Care
By Donna Stark
I think that until it fails to protect, many of us take our immune system for granted. We know that it works around the clock to keep us safe from infections and we know that if we do get sick, it works extra hard to get us feeling better as quickly as possible, however, it largely goes unnoticed during the times that we feel OK. That seems a bit unfair, doesn't it? Well, maybe it's time that we start acknowledging and appreciating our immune system more than we do now. How do you feel about that? Are you ready to show it some love? It's easier than you think and your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic can help!
Showering Your Immune System With Chiropractic Love
In the hurried pace of your busy life, you might not even think twice about what your immune system is doing. Diligently working in the background, quiet as a mouse, your immune system protects you from bacteria, viruses, infections, and disease. That's a pretty important job and if you are ready to finally show your appreciation, head on in to The Joint Chiropractic! Here's why.
- Places your spine in proper alignment
- Removes joint restrictions and nerve interference
- Clears the communication pathways between the brain and the immune system
- Restores optimal function to the nervous and immune systems
- Increases white blood cell count
- Reduces cortisol which can inhibit the immune system
More Love to Go Around
In addition to chiropractic care, there are also some other ways to strengthen your immune system. Take a look.
- Drink more water - Water plays an important role in carrying oxygen to your body's cells which can significantly impact your immune system
- Add supplements - Zinc, Vitamin D, and probiotics are known for boosting the immune system
- Skip the sugar - Sugar has a way of depleting nutrients and when that happens, your immune system faces a greater challenge in fighting off illnesses
- Eat fruits and vegetables - Fill your body with all of the vitamins, nutrients, and minerals it needs by eating a balanced diet
- Exercise regularly - Exercise promotes good circulation and can help boost the function of your immune system
- Get adequate sleep - Your body uses the time when you are sleeping to repair cell damage and recover from the day you just had
- Wash your hands frequently - Avoid germs and infections by washing your hands throughout the day
Deliver Some Love, Receive it Back
Cold and flu season is right around the corner and your immune system is going to be hard at work, so treat it well now! You can even start today by seeing your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic. With more than 475 locations nationwide, daily hours, and no appointment required, delivering some love has never been easier!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in San Jose, Calif.