Reducing Stress Naturally
By Donna Stark
We’ve all had those times, those days, when our cluttered mind and knotted stomach have impacted our quality of life. They have kept us from going out, have distracted us from being able to focus on the task at hand, and have prevented us from simply enjoying the moment, no matter what the moment may have been. No one likes to feel this way, but sadly, stress and anxiety have a way of creeping up on the best of us, and usually at the worst times.
Heal Your Stress and Anxiety
Whether it is short-lived and only lasts a few minutes or stays with us throughout the day, stress and anxiety can have significant effects on how we conduct our lives. And although there is no quick fix, there are some natural alternatives you can use to find your balance and peace.
- Chamomile - Chamomile has been shown to help reduce the symptoms of anxiety and sleeplessness, while also providing many other health benefits as well. The two most common forms that chamomile comes in are tea and supplements.
- Omega-3s - It’s time to eat! Head to the store and stock up on walnuts, edamame, and fresh salmon. Really, what you’re looking for is anything that has significant amounts of omega-3 fatty acids because they play a huge role in reducing your anxiety and stress levels.
- Exercise - Whatever form of exercise you are into, keep it up! Exercise has been shown to increase the production of your body’s endorphins, which help to decrease anxiety, stress, and mood disorders. Even something as little as a 20-minute walk will help, so get moving!
- Lavender - Lavender is known for its soothing and relaxing properties. In fact, many people consider it an excellent method for aiding sleep, reducing anxiety, and calming down the nervous system. It comes in many forms, such as dried flowers, infused lotions, and essential oils.
- Sunshine - We all know how good we feel when we are outside basking in the sun and that’s because sensations of warmth reduce muscle tension and anxiety. In addition to that, getting some extra bit of sunshine will help to increase your Vitamin D levels, which play an important role in regulating moods and anxiety.
Another Natural Way to Combat Stress and Anxiety
Don’t forget you can always see your local chiropractor for help with stress and anxiety. After all, chiropractic focuses on the spine, which is the root of the nervous system, and a balanced spine is a key element to managing stress. And with more than 400 locations nationwide, and no appointment necessary, The Joint Chiropractic definitely offers a stress-free visit, so come on in today!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Denver, Colo.