Boost Your Days with More Than Just Coffee
By Donna Stark
Well, how was your morning? Did you find yourself shelling out another five dollars for your much-needed pick-me-up at the local coffee shop? Did it seem extremely difficult to wake up feeling positive and completely refreshed? It doesn’t really matter why you stayed up late last night because this morning, you definitely don’t have time to waste by feeling tired, drained, and unfocused. You have work, errands, a schedule to keep, and your toddler? Will the grip on your legs ever let up? There are so many things demanding your attention that it is perfectly understandable why a quick $5 cup of coffee seemed worth it at the time, right? But, you know that you can do your body better.
Bring More Than Coffee to Your Morning
Coffee is loved by so many people and there really isn’t anything wrong with that first morning cup, but if you have a busy day ahead of you, you shouldn’t only rely on 16 ounces of caffeine to get you through. Even though it is a delicious, convenient, and easy option for a quick energy boost, there are a ton of other things you can do to get a jump start on a successful day. Take a look at a few of them here.
- Stretch - We all know how good it is to exercise in the morning, but don’t forget about stretching too! There is no better way to loosen your joints, improve your flexibility, and get your body ready for the day.
- Exercise - Checking exercise off of your to-do list as soon as your day begins is a great way to get your heart pumping, your blood flowing, and the sleepy fog cleared from your mind. It’s a perfect way to get your successful day started.
- Wake up your metabolism - By consuming a healthy breakfast that includes protein, whole grains, and healthy fats, you will start your morning with the nutrition your body needs and will be less likely to overeat throughout the day.
- Enjoy the morning with loved ones - Spending time with someone or something you love (let’s not forget our pets) can instantly start your morning off with some seriously positive vibes.
- Plan and organize your day - Keeping yourself organized and planning your day ahead of time can help you start off your mornings easier. Wouldn’t it be nice to finally know where your car keys are, what appointments you have, and what is at the top of your priority list? This is an ideal way to stay in control.
Try a New Kind of Boost
There are so many different ways to get the boost you are craving than standing in line for those highly-caffeinated and overly sweet drinks. Do something that is better for your body instead and turn those sleepy, don’t-want-to-get-out-of-bed mornings into successful, productive days!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Denver, Colo.