Optimal Health Doesn't Have to Be Complicated
By Donna Stark
It certainly isn't hard to remember that we need to prioritize our health because it seems as if we are bombarded on a daily basis with new ways to stay healthy. In fact, you can probably ignore what you learned yesterday because the latest and greatest is already out in the news reports today. But then, perhaps you may want to wait on what you learn today because it is certain to change by tomorrow. Confusing, isn't it? It's almost as if you need a book for every health topic out there, but even then, the information may not be accurate. And I don't know about you, but it seems like a lot of time is going to be needed just to sort through it all.
Start With the Basics
Very few people have the time that is required to go through all of the available literature, and unfortunately, when we are overwhelmed with so much contradictory information we generally tend to ignore the majority of it, don't we? Living a healthy lifestyle shouldn't be this complicated and with the following suggestions, it doesn't have to be. Take a look.
- Real food - Choosing raw, natural, whole foods over processed foods is a great step toward optimal health! So skip the packaged meals, sodas, and fast food and fill your plate with lean proteins, nutrient-dense fruit and vegetables, whole grains, and heart-healthy fats instead.
- Physical activity - Exercise daily and walk whenever possible! Sure, your life is busy, but 30 minutes of exercise is all that is needed to improve your overall health. And if you are intentional about adding extra steps into your day, those steps will turn into minutes and those 30 minutes will fly right by!
- Bedtime routine -The proper amount of sleep every night is critical to your overall wellness, so consider these tips to help you achieve it.
- Turn off all devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime
- Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day
- Keep your room dark and on the chillier side
- Utilize white-noise machines or deep-breathing techniques
- Proactive steps - Be proactive with your health! Be sure to get your annual physical and vaccines, keep that dentist appointment scheduled, and start establishing routine visits to your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic!
Living a Healthy Life
Improving your overall wellness is a lot easier than you may think. It doesn't take one new health fad after the next or hours at the bookstore to achieve the same results that you would if you just follow the basics. And if you have questions or concerns about what it takes to live healthier, head on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic. They've read the literature and are more than happy to help!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Denver, Colo.